Seventeen

Draven rolled his eyes shaking his head, "No, only Sirens can kill people," he whispered it but I easily heard him narrowing my eyes. 

Siren's couldn't help it, we had to kill people, we had no control but the poor wolf was too cute to be killed! I wanted to play with it!

Can I play with it first?

Jaxon looked at me and then Draven shifting on his feet, did he need to use the bathroom? I tilted my head as he went red under my gaze, "Alpha?" 

Draven's jaw was tightly clenched, like he was biting at something hard as he rubbed his head, "Just do what we always do,"

I watched as Jaxon nodded and ran off and Draven waved a hand, motioning for me to follow him, but I didn't.

"Are you going to kill the wolfie?" I asked. What if the wolfie was lost, or just taking a walk? They can't kill it! 

He looked over his shoulder, a long pause before he said "No," and started walking. I didn't trust him. 

"What if it was father or James just taking a walk!" I turned around following Luna Jaxon, he seemed to have suddenly disappeared.

"Hey!" Draven tried grabbing my arm and I simple moved it out of his read, he can't go around killing wolves! What did they do to him?

They didn't attack him!

"Look," Draven side stepped in front of me forcing me to stop and I craned my neck looking up at him, "It doesn't work that way, let's go inside,"

"No, you're going to kill it,"

"Don't get angry at me, this is how it works here, you sirens aren't saints either,"

I tilted my head, what was a saint, was that another creature? "Sirens can't help killing people, we don't kill all the time, we only kill to live, your wolf doesn't need to kill another wolf! You can just kill a deer!"

Deers probably tasted better. 

"Plus we don't kill them, they come to us" I crossed my arm folding my hands across my chest. "And we don't kill them, sailors kill themselves, we just sing to them, and they jump of their vessel and drown" It was only when we were threatened sirens actually hurt other sirens or people. Maybe they needed to know how to swim.  

It's not our fault if they drown!

"The rocks and water kill them!"

"Well we don't kill them either, our wolf kills them, let's go,"

I looked at his hand around my tiny wrist as he tried dragging me as I hissed, "Don't touch me, I want James,"

I tried pulling my arm back but his eyes darkened tightening his hold, and it hurt. "Let go!"

"No, Thelea, fine, sit on the ground like a kid!"

I ignored him as I stretched my legs out, he can't drag me if I was sitting. I ignored Draven as he muttered something and picked at the grass. I don't like him.

I want James. Or Oscar. He was mean.

I watched as he sat down running a hand through his hair, I don't even like his hair anymore. I ran my fingers through the grass, closing around it before plucking it form the ground, and repeating as I watched him. 

Seamore crawled down my arm and I diverted my attention to Seamore as he tried plucking the grass as well. I re-positioned myself laying on the ground staring at the darkening sky, just like I would do at home as Seamore climbed onto my stomach. 

The breeze was soft and if I concentrated enough I could smell the water bringing a smile onto my face. It was a few more moments before it was moon time and I sat up feeling Seamore clip me, he was probably getting more.