welcome . . .

Wussup Guys,

Old Friends. New friends. The curious one who clicked on this story. Welcome. And thank you for clicking even this far in, I guess the blurb that I spent exactly 2 hours and 5 minutes on was successful in hooking your interest.

Which in itself, is a win. Because I suck at blurbs, synopsis, descriptions, captions, summarizing. Just all of it. I'm wordy. I hate condensing when I have so much to say. Hence the warning.

This is going to be wordy.

Not wordy in a bad way but what I'm trying to say is . . .

T H I S B O O K . . . is unapologetically . . . freaking L O N G.

Bro, I'm embarrassed to admit the word count.

But in my defense, (and skip this if you actually read the entire blurb) BLACKBiiRDS is the rewritten, reworked, 2.0 version of its former draft and older sibling: SOULED OUT.

Basically, I was finished with Souled Out. Completely satisfied. Put it down for a year. Came back three and a half months ago, reread it, cringed, and rewrote the entire manuscript in third person POV. That alone, was extremely tedious and stressful.

Originally, it was only supposed to be word-for-word translations of the 1st person POV draft into the 3rd person POV draft. But . . . Jett and Roman were both like:

"um...that's lazy."

"hell no."

So the entire project transformed into me rewriting Souled Out within a period of 3 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days. The fastest I've ever written an entire manuscript WITH an a d d i t i o n a l 33K word count. 

My God. Smh.

And yet, I still keep going back into the document and adding lines of dialogue or snippets of description because the voices in my head won't shut up.

(It's fine though. I needed a project like this to get lost in. To challenge myself. Push myself. I learned A LOT and I'm immensely proud of how much my book baby keeps on growing.)

Now here it is. Here I am. Kenn12. Back on Wattpad. To share this new and (hopefully) improved version of Jett and Roman's journey.

The chapters are going to be all chopped up in order to fit Wattpad Reader preferences. ONE of Roman's chapters will probably be THREE on here. But . . . you know . . . oh well.

I would never subject someone to sit and scroll through a 45 minute Wattpad chapter. Oh Gosh. Never.

So, in that same respect, I'd appreciate honest feedback and insightful criticism. Pleeeasse! This is my very first time ever writing in 3rd person perspective, so excuse any errors or awkward phrasing. Point them out. Say when something sounds weird. Or boring. Or makes no sense.

I'm so ready to let this baby GO and allow others to critique it for me.

SO.

Since the novel is technically already done and all I have to do is edit each chapter to fit on Wattpad and add all the extra creative details -- updates will be consistent. Shooting for at least 2X a week.

Mondays?

Fridays?

Yeah. Something like that. Idk.

But anyway. I'm done now.

Thank you all so much for your support.

And if you've read this far, I applaud you. This book just may be for you.

Peace, Love, & Eternal Blessings.

Enjoy.

BLACKBiiRDS | J

BLACKBiiRDSJ.M.McFARLAND ©  2019

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission of the publisher. 

Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.