Chapter 1

The streets of Chicago bustled, busy with the late night rush hour traffic. Our tour bus was packed, our whole band packed in the back, smoking and playing video games.
"Guys, look out the window." I laughed, glancing over by accident. They all turned and I scrambled to the window, opening it. "Hey guys, how's it going?" I yelled out the window to the fans surrounding the bus as it pulled into the venue. A chorus of screams and cheers erupted from the lips of the fans, some holding signs.
"You five, come on." Our manager wandered into the back room, hurrying us away from the window. He shut it with a thud. "What have I told you about talking to fans like that?" He scolded. I rolled my eyes.
"So what's the big deal. They're paying our pay-checks anyway and the least we can do say hi." I retaliated. The old man just just sighed.
We were all escorted to our hotel rooms. My bag were dumped on the floor and I was told not to leave my room. Fuck that. After pacing around for a couple hours, I stalked into my bathroom.
I showered and washed my hair. I did my makeup, braided my cherry coloured hair and got dressed, throwing on a plain white t-shirt, black denim shorts and a denim jacket. I took my backpack and snook our of the hotel room.
The streets were quieter now. I walked a couple blocks, my head wrapped up in music until I was knocked down. I took out my headphones and looked up, seeing a brunette staring at me.
"Shit, I'm sorry." I laughed. He did too and offered me his hand. We smiled at each other before laughing again.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." He ribbed his neck, still smiling.
"No, it's my fault. I was too wrapped up in my music. I'm Addilyn." He shook my hand and nodded.
"I'm Jay." I was just about to reply when I saw a group of teens running towards me.
"Fuck, I've gotta go." I stepped towards my fans. "But I was nice t meet you, Jay." I smiled back at him, greeting my fans, becoming invested in getting pictures with them, although, when I looked back to see Jay, he was still standing there, smiling for a moment before he walked off.
I arrived back at the hotel in the early morning, some time after midnight. The lobby was empty and I made my way up to my room. Nobody around.
I collapsed onto my bed, just about having enough energy to take off my shorts. I sunk into the fresh sheets, happy to be back in my hometown and, it being the last show of tour, felt even better because now, I could finally settle back into normal life- well as normal as you could be when you were a musician and you were recognised by fans everyday- and I could finally live back in sweats and hoodies and not have to worry about my career.
I loved doing music and I'm so fortunate that I could make a career out of it but it's so tiring sometimes. The touring and being away from home but you get to travel the world and make new friend every day.