Chapter 4

Finally, the night of our final concert had arrived. Me, Jake, Ryan, Luke and Jamie were all, nervously, backstage. We were chanting our normal pre-show chants when the five cops came out from a crowd check. I looked over Luke's shoulder and smiled at Jay.
"Okay guys, good luck." Our manager smiled.
"We did a scan of the crowed and we have done security checks at the door and, so far, we haven't seen anything or anyone but we will keep an eye on you all through the show." We were reassured.
The whole ordeal didn't faze me one bit. I was more concerned about my friends and our fans and I knew that, if I did see anything, I was getting my fans out of the venue before anything could kick off.
"Hey, guys, how are we doing?" I asked, running on stage. The crowed erupted into cheers as we began to play our first song. "This song is called 'Carefully' and we hope you enjoy." All the time I was scanning the room, looking out for any signs of danger.
By the seventh song, I was more relaxed. I became more engaged with my fans, crowd surfing and all. It was all fun and games, even when I nearly broke Ryan's guitar as I jumped in his back. And I saw Jay smiling from sidelines at me.
"So this next song is a very special song. It off one of our EPs and it reminds me of a very special somebody. This song is called 'shots fired'." The lyrics flowed naturally. Everything seemed fine until the chorus.
My eyes were glued to the back where a guy, wearing a ski mask we stood, staring. I looked at Ryan and he noticed it, too. I continued the song as long as I could, all while trying to alert my band-mates. Then a second guys appeared and I looked over at Jay.
"Hey guys, woah." I said, cutting off the song. "So, we have just been informed that there is a safety issue at the venue, here, that there is a loose bar in the ceiling and that we cannot continue our set." I tried to sound calm, although my voice cracked. "Do can everyone please make their way out from the emergency exits. I'm so sorry about this."
As crowds of people began to make their way out of the venue, there appeared a third man at the back of the room; then a fourth and fifth. Fuck, I thought. I turned to Jay for a second until I head gun fire.
"Everyone fucking run!" I yelled into the still connected mic. Fans began to scream and the venue was chaos, all five guys now running towards me. "Luke go!" I yelled, pushing him over as the guys reached the stage. The first one grabbed me as the police team ran out, pointing guys. "Jay, please!" I screamed, my head going fuzzy. They drugged me. "Jay!" I called out, dazed. I heard gun fire and screaming but I couldn't see as I black out.