[;] 9:

Last chapter ending:-

...

I shivered, I remember very clearly what Mum is like drunk. It's something that I don't want to remember, but unfortunately do.

"Oh okay, well I'll stay in my room then as to not aggravate them," I replied.

"Kay, well let me know if you need anything sis. I'll be in my room," Callum said.

"Okay," I replied as I heard Callum walking away.

...

Current chapter:- 

Callum's POV: [gives self heart seizure for sudden POV change]

"Where's Leah?" Miss Mcally asked, "she's normally in the library by now for after-school reading."

"I'm not too sure. You're not the only teacher that's asked where she was today, but I gave her a lift to school this morning so I know she's in," I replied just as confused as Miss Mcally.

"Let me know if she's okay when you get home. I'll be on my emails all night so get Leah to e-mail me," Miss Mcally said.

"I will, have a nice evening," I replied politely.

*Time skip to back at home as I'm extremely lazy*

I walked into my house to see both my parents very drunk. I don't understand why they let themselves get to this state. Honestly what is the point. Wait. Leah. Oh I swear to God she better be alright. I walked upstairs and head to Leah's bedroom.

I stand outside her door and call out, "hey Leah, you in here?"

"Yeah I am Cal, why?" Leah answered sounding confused.

"Just wondering cos a lot of the teachers were wondering where you were and stuff, how comes you ditched school, you never do that," I replied truthfully.

"I didn't feel to good, but I'm alright now," Leah replied. I could tell she was lying, but I didn't press matters further.

"Okay then, Mum and Dad didn't notice that you were home did they?" I asked worry lacing my voice. 

"Uhm no, I don't think so, why?" Leah said worried.

"Cos they both seem really drunk, you know what dad gets like drunk, and you know mum's worse than dad," I stated.

"Oh okay, well I'll stay in my room then as to not aggravate them," Leah replied.

"Kay, well let me know if you need anything sis. I'll be in my room," I said.

"Okay," I hear her reply as I started walking back to my room.

I was really hoping that Mum and Dad didn't catch her walking through to her room. It never ends well when they start on her. They start on her because they know she's vulnerable, which I personally don't think is fair at all. I do try and take the hits for her, but there is only so much I can take, yet I also don't want to seem weak in front of my little sister. I'm supposed to protect her as her elder brother, but I never thought I'd ever have to protect her from our parents. Yet I do. It's sickening, but it has to be done.

A/n:- So here is a very over-due update. I hope you guys like it!
~Stay strong ♥
Tanna xx