Chapter 19

"Are you excited?" Sunny asked as we started walking to the ceremony. I smiled and nodded.

"It feels like my whole life has been leading up to this" I answered and she smiled. She fixed my flower crown and then we all got into our positions. 

Once it was my turn to go down the aisle I couldn't stop smiling. My dad walked me up to the altar and I thanked him. I stood in front of Shawn and handed Sunny my bouquet. Shawn's eyes were watering and mine was too.

"Don't cry or I'm gonna cry," I said and he nodded.

"Yes ma'am" he responded with a nod. The priest said some stuff about us getting married and what not but I just wanted to skip to the I do part. I looked at the crowd and saw that everyone who I wanted to come ending upcoming. Charlotte smiled at me and pointed to Patrick who was next to her, she winked at me. 

"Shawn, do you take Rain to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest asked and Shawn smiled.

"I do" he answered and I smiled.

"Rain, do you take Shawn to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest inquired and I felt my smile grow bigger.

"I do" I responded as a stray tear ran down Shawn's cheek. I wiped it away and everyone awwed.  

"Now you can exchange vows," the priest said and Shawn let me go first. I turned to Sunny and she handed me my note cards.

"Sorry, I love you but I can't memorize anything. It took me three years to memorize your birthday" I apologized and everyone laughed. 

"Mendes, Snobby Canadian Celebrity, the man I hated, the love of my life, my golden retriever, Shawn, when I first met you I saw you as some sick twenty year old who wanted to get into his teenage fans pants, turns out I was very wrong. Andrew gave me a backstage pass to see you, surprisingly I used it and that's how we started Officially Fake Dating. Turns out, over those three months I fell in love with you. From the slow dance on the gazebo to you saving me from Colton the first time, I fell in love. It didn't happen over one night, it happened over three months" I explained as I felt a tear run down my cheek. Shawn wiped my tear away and I smiled.

"Skip to a couple of years later, I've listened to If I Can't Have You countless of times. I've dated again and again trying to find a replacement, it turns out you were irreplaceable. I had gotten home from my brother's wedding and you came up to me. I figured out you lived a couple of doors down. That night we slow danced in my apartment and we decided to date for real, quote, and I quote, you said,  'let's date. no contracts, no managers, no fake proposals, no media, no nothing. Like, date for the sake of us.' I thought you were insane but I agreed anyway" I said as I felt more tears run down my cheeks. The next part is going to be hard for me to say.

"Around six months after that the worst thing in my life happened. I was beaten and bruised. You were on tour so I couldn't blame you for not being there. But you came back and saved me for a night. Then he took me again and I was tortured and raped. But when I woke up in the hospital all I wanted was to see you, and now you're my safe place, my home. Not having you around makes me Homesick" I continued and I smiled. 

"Then, I found out I was pregnant on our anniversary. So, I told you but the next day hit me. We went to the gazebo and slow danced, you sang to me, and it was the perfect night, next thing I knew you were down on one knee and you asked me to marry you, marry the man I hated. I said yes and that's when I knew that I would spend the rest of my life with you" I stated and everyone awwed again.

"This year was insane for us, we had our little boy Peter, I went on tour, we started planning our wedding, and my darks days revisited me. But you were there, through the whole thing even though I pushed you away. You were my anchor and continue to be my anchor during the After Effects of what happened with Colton" I said as tears continued to run down my cheeks. I looked at Shawn and there were a lot of tears running down his cheeks too.