thirty

CASSANDRA FLORES DECLINED TV OFFER

IS CASSANDRA FLORES TAKING A BREAK FROM WRITING?

HAS CASSANDRA FLORES GIVEN UP?

EUROPES MOST POPULAR WRITER, CASSANDRA FLORES, IS LEAVING TO THE STATES FOR A WHILE. WILL SHE EVER WRITE AGAIN?

CASSANDRA SPOTTED IN HOMETOWN WITH NEW BOYFRIEND?

i shut my laptop, sighing out of frustration. tons of article headlines claiming i'm done writing, and then proceeding to invade my personal life. "so stupid." i exclaim. my manager called me earlier today, telling me i've received a lot of backlash ever since i came back to the states. came back home.

"and i do not appreciate being followed." i mumbled to myself as i scrolled through the pictures of ethan and i on my phone, taken by locals who decided it'd be a good idea to follow us as we went for coffee.

i needed to stop reading all these articles despite  myself being so nosy about what they had to say about me. "eh, maybe one more won't hurt." i tell myself, clicking another one.

suddenly, a unknown number pops up on the screen as they called me before i could even read the first word. confused, i pick it up in the case of it being a business related call.

"hello?" i say, holding the phone up to my ear.

i hear shuffling and grunts from a little girl. andi. "cassandra? can you come over, i can't reach the cookies!" andi exclaims.

i stand up from my bed to stand in front of my mirror to occupy me as i was on the phone. "andi, darling. have you tried asking your dad?"

"uh, he's not home duh! that's why i called you!" she exclaims in a sassy tone.

my eyes go wide, "you're home alone?" i ask, turning around to glance at my clock as it read 11:24 PM.

"uh huh. now please help me, i'm too small for this," she says in a sad tone. "and i'm really hungry."

rushing, i grab my keys and jacket. "okay, uh. don't move i'm coming right now!" i hang up the call, running out the door.

i know where those cookies are, if she was attempting to grab them, she's probably half way up there by now. if she's climbing and she hurts herself, ethan is in such big trouble!

how stupid of him to leave his five year old daughter at home alone! so irresponsible. honestly. there's no excuse.

the car ride felt super long despite it being such a short ride and me basically speeding all the way there.

as i ran out of my car, i swiftly locked it and made my way up the driveway and towards the front door. i knocked, but no one answered. twisting the door knob, i realized it wasn't even locked either.

i opened the door quickly, before shutting it. i run over to the kitchen, seeing andi standing on the counter, a chair pressed up against it. she stretches her body long enough so she could potentially try and reach it.

"andi!" i say, rushing over to her.

she turns around in a quick motion. "oh good you're here. that was fast."

i carry her off the counter, a breath of relief that she wasn't hurt. "that was dangerous, okay? don't ever do that again." i say with such worry in my tone.

"okay." she replied. "but i'm hungry. so can you?" she asks, pointing up to the cookies.

i reach for them, bringing the entire jar down, and opening it. she grabs a cookie, and i grab one for myself.