"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡"

Villanelle has never been the type of girl to talk about feelings. Not hers, not anyone else's. She'd rather find the nearest knife and stab somebody instead of having to listen to them talk. That wouldn't even be so hard since a knife was usually in her own pocket.

However, it is safe to say, that that part of her changed the day she met Eve Polastri. Villanelle could listen to her talk for hours and wouldn't get bored. She would even ask additional questions to indicate her interest in the conversation.

Sadly, she hasn't gotten the chance to talk to Eve on her own. Not for more than a few minutes anyway.

She was lucky enough to have been ordered to kill Eve. Of course, she could never hurt Eve in any way, but because of that she could visit her and tell her how she feels. She feels different when she's with Eve. She feels... She feels. She usually doesn't feel anything, but Eve makes her heart beat a little faster and makes her insights tingle in the best way possible.

*

Eve is just about to drink her evening tea. She left the mug in the kitchen, the teabag still in boiling hot water. The whole room smells like chamomile. She's drinking it to calm down. She hasn't heard any updates on Villanelle in days and she's worried something has happened to the adorable small-breasted assassin.

The doorbell rings.

Not expecting anybody, Eve jumps from the chair she's sitting on and rushes to the door.

Who could it be?

Villanelle is standing in front of Eve's house. She's nervous. She has a bouquet of lavender in her right hand and is knocking impatiently on the door with the other.

Eve opens the door.

Villanelle's left hand drops as the prettiest woman she's ever seen opens the door.

Eve is wearing a grey sweater over a striped shirt and blue jeans. Her hair is tied in a messy bun and is missing a few curls that are peacefully resting on her forehead.

They both stare at each other for a few seconds before Villanelle breaks the silence with a suddenly cheerful »Hi!«.

Eve still doesn't say anything. However, she steps away from the door to make way for the unexpected guest.

Villanelle has had enough experience with Eve, to know, that no shoes are to be worn inside the house.

She gives the bouquet to Eve. »These are for you,« she says whilst pushing the boots off her feet. She takes off her fluffy beige coat, revealing a long extravagant black dress that's underneath.

»Wow,« breathes Eve.

Villanelle smiles.

They walk to the kitchen, moving simultaneously like they know exactly what the other one is thinking. Eve takes an empty vase from a shelf and puts the flowers in it.

They each take a seat on the opposite sides of the table. It's so narrow that their knees are touching underneath it.

»Do you want some tea?« asks Eve.

»No, thank you, I'll just have water.« says Villanelle. Eve wants to stand up, but Villanelle does it first, walks to the cabinet, takes out a glass and fills it with water from the tap. Returning to her seat, she doesn't take her eyes off Eve, who's still sitting on her side of the table.

»How have you been?« asks Villanelle.

Eve's expression changes from confusion to anger. »What do you mean, How have I been? Where were you all this time?!«

»Eve, it's been two weeks since we saw each other...« says Villanelle. She makes it sound like she doesn't even care that Eve had noticed her absence, but on the inside, she feels like she just won the lottery.

»Answer me!« demands Eve.

Villanelle can't hide her excitement any longer. She smiles a wide smile and leans forward, her face only inches away from Eve's. »I was shopping,« she says quietly.

Eve's face goes back to confusion and then switches to anger once again. »Shopping? For what?!«

Villanelle jerks back, afraid Eve might slap her. »A gift,« she answers.

»A gift? You left me wondering if you were okay for two weeks to buy some stupid present?!«

Villanelle grins. »It's for you, silly.«

Confusion. And then wonder. Eve blushes. »Thank you?«

»Don't thank me yet, you don't even know what it is!« says Villanelle. She reaches across the table and puts her hand on Eve's. Eve's heart skips a beat, but she doesn't move.

»I bought us both tickets to Paris,« says Villanelle and before Eve gets to say anything, continues: »I know you have a job and friends and a busy life,« she leans closer to Eve, »but it's only for a few days and we can go on top of the Eiffel Tower,« closer... »and I can show you my favorite bakeries - I used to live there before I met you, you know? Anyway, we could-« She keeps leaning closer and talking quieter, and she's returning her look from Eve's eyes to her lips more and more. Until Eve cuts her off in the middle of a sentence.

»Yes,« says Eve.

»Yes what?« asks Villanelle.

At this point they aren't even talking, it is all more like whispering. Their faces are almost touching, they are breathing in each other's scent. Villanelle smells like one of her expensive perfumes, Eve smells like cheap shampoo and chamomile.

»Yes I'll go with you to Paris,« says Eve. She puts her free hand on Villanelle's cheek. The other one is still under Villanelle's. »I'll go anywhere you want me to go.«

She leans forward and puts her lips on Villanelle's. Villanelle is surprised but she doesn't resist it. That's what she's wanted for months. She kisses Eve back and pulls her closer by the collar of the shirt, that is supposedly attached to the sweater.

Then she suddenly remembers why she came here in the first place and it takes her every bit of her energy to pull away from the kiss.

»Wait,« she says.

»What's wrong?« asks Eve.

»I came here for a reason...« says Villanelle.

»Yes, I know. It was a good idea, wasn't it?«

»What do you mean?«

Eve blushes. »I haven't seen you in a few days... in too many days. So... I've decided to hire you to kill me. I knew you'd come.«

Villanelle's face doesn't show any negative emotions. Moreover, it looks like she's proud of Eve for coming up with the idea.

Villanelle grins. »You're an idiot,« she says. »I was afraid someone would actually want to hurt you. I was ready to hunt them down and kill them instead!«

»That's... nice,« says Eve.

»So I don't have to kill you?« asks Villanelle.

Eve stands up. She picks up Villanelle's hand and pulls her up too. She pulls her so close that their bodies are touching. She looks up to Villanelle's big, cat-like eyes.

»No, you don't have to kill me,« says Eve. »Besides, you couldn't kill me, even if you wanted to- you like me too much.« She reaches for another kiss.

*

(writer's note: i have a thing for symbolism... remember the bouquet? well it was made of lavender, which symbolizes admiration, solitude, and beauty, which are all words i think villanelle associates with eve...)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 ☾ 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞 🎉