#1 ~ Komorebi (Old Chapter 1)

Kyra

"𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖍, 𝖎 𝖆𝖒 𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖒, 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌, 𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊𝖋𝖚𝖑. 𝖎 𝖆𝖒 𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖊𝖙 𝖌𝖔 𝖔𝖋 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎 𝖆𝖒 𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖆𝖋𝖊. 𝖎 𝖆𝖒 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖚𝖑" - 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖊

ɪᴛ ʀᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴅs...

          I remember it vividly, the trees were gleefully dancing along, the water was singing praises and all the wildlife gathered to be showered with it's great blessing.

          However, I can't be as blessed as I wanted to. I wasn't allowed to. Only the most perfect of people are given this beautiful opportunity. They didn't want to waste such holy nature for a being so unworthy.

          I remember seeing a beautiful being. Someone so perfectly sculpted and perfectly spoken like she was created by the heavens and god himself.

          She had the features I dream every night of having. Skin so smooth yet so rich with milk of the whitest of vanillas at the same time with the darkest of chocolates. Her hair was an effortless bundle of twigs and leaves even the birds perch themselves along her long mane. Her figure as curvy as an hourglass and her fingers as delicate as glass.

         She also had the prettiest smile. I loved it when she would only smile at me like that. She was truly a piece of heaven.

          She would call me her child, her darling, like I was hers and only hers. She would keep me in a protective bundle and lightly kiss my features.

          However, the rain stopped and I was suddenly back to the uncomfortable feeling of nails pressing unto my back.

          Right, the being doesn't exist

          She was just a figment of my dreams. This is my world, my reality, my house.

           Sadly not home.

          It was always so quiet, no one ever said a word at early sunrise but when the sun goes to sleep, you could hear screams and cries for help.

          I glanced at my clock, a small worn out clock that looks like a mini representation of, what I read, was a grandfather clock. It read 5:52 in the morning.

          Mom should be out by now.

          She was an early riser, I was not. She would tell me that once you reached perfection, you would get to spend most of your days being productive and worry free.

          I want to be perfect soon.

          After a few small stretches, I slipped on my mother's worn out bunny slippers and proceeded to my bathroom. It consisted of a small shower head, a toilet, and a sink with my toiletries.

          I was out of toothpaste today. I guess I'm going to have to skip brushing my teeth today too.

          I didn't own a closet of my own. To grab my own clothes, I had to borrow my mother's hanger and hang my six pairs of clothing that I only own. Two for each time of day and occasion.