Mission: Surprise Joe

Joe Keery

Mission: Surprise Joe

You waited outside, your hands slightly shaking from excitement. Leaning against your car, you watched the double doors closely, waiting for them to be pushed open. "Do you think he's gonna be surprised?" You asked Sadie and Natalia, who were beside you, on their phones, texting on the cast's group chat to be updated on Joe's whereabouts. The group chat was named "Mission: Surprise Joe" and everyone in Stranger Things was in it — expect Joe.

"He's gonna be happy," Natalia said with a smile. "So yeah, he'll be surprised. He has no idea."

The double doors you've been staring at opened with Noah and Dacre coming out, motioning you three girls over. "He's filming a scene with Maya," Noah exclaimed, pulling on your arm inside the studio where the cast was filming at for the Russian underground scenes. Everyone was in the surprise, even the Duffer brothers, Shawn, and the crew. You passed by Shawn as he gave you thumbs up, motioning over to where Maya and Steve were strapped up in chairs, yelling "Morons!" while Joe was covered in fake blood.

"Come on," Dacre whispered, making you look away from Joe and continued walking across the studio towards the back, where all the trailers were placed. You felt all ecstatic inside, wanting nothing more than to already hug your boyfriend, who you haven't seen in five months, due to him filming for season three of Stranger Things. "He should be coming out here soon after he's done filming his scene," Dacre explained as he walked to up Joe's trailer, unlocking it with the key the duffer brothers handed him.

You nodded, walking up into the trailer. Inside was just a sofa, a tv, and a mini-fridge. Pictures of you two either kissing or hugging were hung up on the wall beside pictures of his family and the stranger things cast group picture. You smiled, sitting down on the sofa as Dacre, Noah, Sadie, and Natalia came in, lounging around for a while also as Joe finished up filming.

Twenty minutes later, after many jokes and stories, Dacre phone dinged, followed by a phone call. "Hello?" He picked up the phone, putting it on speaker.

"Hey, should we put a blindfold on Joe now? Maya and Joe are about to wrap up." Charlie's voice echoed throughout Joe's trailer. Dacre looked over towards you, making you nod with a smile.

"Yeah, blindfold him and bring him out to his trailer." After a few more comments, the call ended and everyone began pilling out the trailer. You clasped your hands together as you stood outside, everyone else behind you. You just couldn't wait to hug him, few his warmth surrounding you again. It's been a long five months of just talking through calls and facetime, you wanted nothing more than actual contact.

The metal doors opened slowly, laughter flowing out as Finn and Maya came out, soon followed by Charlie and Joe.

Charlie was leading the blindfolded confused man who had his arms stuck out in front of him, searching through the air to make sure he didn't knock into anything. He still had his characters outfit on, his face covered in dried fake blood with a fake black eye. "Please tell me why I'm blindfolded!" Joe's nervous voice yelled out, his legs sweeping the floor for any rocks before he continued walking, gripping onto Charlie's arm.

"We have a surprise for you." Maya's mouth curved into a smile.

"...why?" Joe questioned, reaching over to look for Maya, accidentally smacking her in the face making him snicker. You smiled, watching as Maya smacked him back. You drew your lower lip between your teeth to keep in your laughter.

"Stop questioning everything and be grateful for this," Maya exclaimed before running off to be beside Natalia. "You'll enjoy it!" She yelled, giving you thumbs up.

"Why is she far now?!" Joe freaked out as Finn told him to calm down. Charlie placed Joe in front of you, gripping his shoulders.

"Joe, we know you've been down this past month because you've been missing y/n, so we decided we wanted to cheer you up with a gift."

"What, did you surprise me with y/n?" Joe joked, laughing a bit before it died down when no one said anything. "Wait, did you actually bring y/n here?" He asked, his eyes wide, but you only could tell because his eyebrows were raised.

You laughed softly. "Hi, baby." You whispered as Joe froze in shock. He quickly reached up, ripping off his blindfold as his brown eyes met yours.

"Holy fuck–" he quickly wrapped his arms around you, so forceful that you both stumbled backward until your back hit the brick wall nearby. Everyone cheered as you grinned, wrapping your arms around his neck. His head nuzzled into your neck, his hair brushing up against your cheek. "You're actually here." He mumbled, his warm breath on your neck sending chills down your back.

"It was all their plan." You said, your hand playing around with the back of his hair. "They called me to tell me to come down here to cheer you up. Even paying for my plane ticket."

Joe smiled, pulling back to face you, his arms still secure around your waist. "I missed you so much." He leaned down, softly placing his lips against yours as everyone then began to whistle. His hand caressed your cheek, deepening the kiss before pulling away. You looked at him, then really noticing the makeup he had around his eye.

"Whoa, this looks so real." You mumbled out, touching the side of his eye as he laughed, pulling you into a hug again.

"Everyone say 'Thank you, Finn' for coming up with this idea!"

Q: hi! What do you guys think about Joe's – or Djo – song 'Roddy!'