Chapter 9

~At the top is a picture of Nathan Hill~

Chloe's POV

It's Tuesday morning and I'm being rudely awakened by Marcus.

"Chloeee. Get up." He pleads. I ignore him and continue sleeping. "You're gonna be late!" He exclaims. I groan and look at my phone. 

I jolt up. It's 8:49 and school starts at 9:00. I push Marcus aside and run to the bathroom.

 Feels like a slight déjà vu. Whatever.

I quickly brush out my hair and let it fall onto my shoulders. I brush my teeth while picking out my clothes. 

I choose a pair of light blue denim jeans along with a white t-shirt with a palm tree. 

Once I'm done, I practically jump into my clothes. I put on my low-cut black Converse and run downstairs.

"Good, you're up!" My dad says, pulling out two slices of toast. I see Seth smirking in my peripheral vision. I roll my eyes and grab the toast. I look at my phone and it's 8:54.

"Let's go, slowpokes!" I scream as I open the front door. 

As soon as we get situated in the car, I realize that I forgot my backpack.

"Shoot!" I whisper shout. I run back inside and come back with my bag.

We pull in right as the bell rings and I run like my life depends on it. I get there right on time as a few people are arriving too.

I sit in my seat out of breath. I look to my left and notice Elizabeth isn't there.

I look across the room to Kylie who was staring at me.

"Where's Elizabeth?" I mouth. She seems to understand because she mouths back, "Tell you later." I nod and  look back at Mrs. Violet.

She's talking about writing and boring stuff. But of course she would 'cause she's the language arts teacher.

****

On my way to lunch, I notice Teddy talking to someone. I decide to say 'hi', so I walk over.

"Hey." I say, smiling. She looks at me. "Chloe!" 

The person she was talking to, looks at me and I recognize the face. "So your name's Chloe?" He says with a slight smirk. "Um, yeah." 

"Okay, what am I missing?" Teddy asks, looking at him. "I met 'Chloe' at the party last night." He says.

"Oh. Good." Teddy's eyes shift to me. "He's my brother." 

"O-Okay." Was not expecting that. "Um, I still don't know your name." 

He chuckles. "I'm Nathan." I nod. "Nice to meet you properly, I guess." I hear my name being called and Kylie (along with Jax) is motioning me over. "I'll see you guys later." I gave them a small wave and walked over to Kylie.

"Hey Kylie. And Jax." They both say hey back. "So Lizzy wasn't here today because she had a really bad migraine. Probably from her hangover." Kylie tells me.

"I still can't believe a goody-two-shoes like her got drunk."  Jax says, mostly to himself. I roll my eyes.

As you can tell, I do that frequently. Still wonder how they're not stuck.

"I have a question. Are Teddy and Elias a... thing?" I ask Kylie, but Jax answers.

"I guess you could say that. I mean they are technically, but they won't admit it. They address it as 'friends with benefits'. Why?"

I decide not to talk about the party. "Someone told me about them." I lie.

"Oh." 

Kylie makes a weird face but it goes away. "Can we go to lunch now?"

We get into the cafeteria and Kylie invites me to sit with her, that way I'm not alone.

I accept and go to their table. Hunter's the only one there. When he sees me he smiles. "Hey, Chloe. Joining us today?" I take a seat. "Yep!" 

A few minutes later, Elias shows up. He looks at me. "Why is she sitting here?" He asks Kylie with a nasty tone. She just rolls her eyes. "Because she's my friend and I was being nice."

"Well be nice elsewhere. I don't want her here." He says glaring at me. Kylie is about to say something but I stop her. I stand up.

"What is your problem with me? I've done nothing to you." I say. His eyes looked filled with hurt but he just laughs. 

"You tell me, Clover." He whispers. I freeze up. Only one person in the world called me that.

He realized that I knew what he was talking about and he walked away. 

I sat down still filled with shock.

Elias had been my best friend in middle school. But I had left in the middle of 7th grade without telling him. He still hated me for that?

That's why he looks so familiar.

 I think I jinxed myself last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooh. I've kinda led it up to this moment, but I kind of dropped it so you'd forget. Hehe.

There will be more to their story but I have to plan it ):

I got this idea from an anime I watched called "Blue Spring Ride" and the plot was very interesting so I decided to recreate it in my own way.

Also I need nickname ideas for Elias other than Eli because Chloe called him something special and I can't think of anything.

Okay, I think I'm done writing for tonight!

~audrxykirii