Cotton Candy

"And if you're feeling extra dangerous, add a little bit of eyeliner to your lower lashes." The chirpy voice from Sophie's computer instructed. Sophie closed her laptop.

"Sorry youtube lady, but my eyes already look overdone." Sophie squinted at herself in the mirror. Did she used to wear makeup regularly, before the accident? And if she did, had it looked like this? 

Sophie shook her head. These were just a couple of the multitude of questions she wondered about her past self. 

And she still wondered... what had happened to give her amnesia in the first place? Just from the looks that her parents gave her when she began to mention "The Accident," (as she called it in her head) Sophie hadn't mustered the courage to directly ask. 

The peachy pink clock on her nightstand told her she wouldn't have time to ask right now. 

Because right now, Sophie Foster had a date with Keefe. 

                                                                                      *  *  * 

"Um, hello? Keefe, are you here?" Sophie whispered into the echoing halls of Foxfire. Now why would Keefe want to meet at school for a date? 

She hesitated a moment, then decided she didn't want to be caught inside the building and headed outside. Foxfire's sprawling green lawns would be a nice place for a picnic, if it wasn't, you know, a school

Tap, tap, tap. 

Sophie glanced down and realized she was tapping her right foot. 

Interesting. 

"Now I remember what you were like before we met." Keefe appeared from the building, the same one that Sophie had recently left.  

"How's that?" 

"You were so nervous about getting in trouble! Relax Foster!" Keefe slung an arm around her shoulder. He looked really handsome, dressed in a shirt that matched his light blue eyes and his hair adorably ruffled. Sophie tentatively reached out a hand to touch it. 

A big mistake, as everyone who knows Keefe would realize. But Sophie, having lost her memory, did not. 

"Hold up! Do not touch The Hair! Rule number one!" Keefe put his hands protectively over his blonde head. Sophie crossed her arms. 

"First of all, you don't seem like the kind of guy to have rules. And second, isn't that pretty lame? I mean, even I don't get all worked up over my hair." 

Sophie couldn't believe she just said that to her date who

 a) was probably a nice guy and 

b) was very, very cute 

She inwardly face palmed, but outwardly Sophie's face repented with a show of scarlet. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me." 

Keefe raised an eyebrow. "Wow, you're way different than your old self. And no offense taken." He let down hands. "Let's make a deal. If you do a good job, I'll let you touch my hair." 

"A good job?" Sophie's eyebrows creased worriedly.

"Just a prank Foster. Dates with the Keefester are never boring." 

"Uh, okay." 

Keefe took her hand and led her back into Foxfire's empty halls.

"Today, we're going to wreak havoc!" Keefe exclaimed in a stage whisper, whisking her over to his locker. He spun the dial and popped the door open. Sophie stood on her tiptoes to peer over Keefe's shoulder.