its always for you, and never for me.

Laurence's hand shook as he typed out everything. It wasn't much, and It was only going out to a few people. Dante, cadenza, his mom and dad. The only people who truly cared about him, and he even wondered about that. He thought about Aphmau, Garroth, and Aaron. 'They don't care, clearly. They left you, twice. They're even staying longer to get away from them. Don't ruin their vacation '

He took a stuttering breath, setting his phone down on his bed. He knew Dante lived close, so he'd have to have everything ready. It had to be perfect, he couldn't be stopped. And, in that case, maybe he should write a paper copy for them to have. Maybe he shouldn't even sent it to Dante. Too much was at stake and he couldn't survive this.

"It's gonna be alright. It's gonna work, no one will miss me. Even….even him… " Laurence said lowly, entering the bathroom. He thought he was getting better. He thought that maybe, just maybe, they didn't leave him. Laurence had planned to tell garroth how he felt the day they were due back….

But it'd been a month, and they weren't coming back soon. In his heart, he knew it wasn't true, but he couldn't help but feel as though they were abandoning him again. He never told them how lonely he felt when they all went to Love love Paradise. He bottled it up and hid his pain… Was that the only good he could do? Apparently not, since Dante caught on, and even Zane  had walked in on him cutting. Maybe he should send his letter to him, even if they weren't close. No, he didn't need to ruin another person's day because he was selfish and wanted attention.

A soft sob echoed through the bathroom as he slashed his wrist with a knife, watching as crimson dribbled from the cut, staining the counter below. 6 months, he has been clean for 6 months. He made another slash, this one much deeper. 

Useless. Worthless. Uninteresting. His sobs slowly subsided into silent tears. He switched to his other wrist, not even flinching anymore. 'He'd never love you. Why do you think he's gone so far to get away from you? Just die and get out of their life!' When he was satisfied, he dropped the knife to the floor. The sound barely even registered in his own mind.

Laurence grabbed the pill bottle, stumbling into his room. Staring him in the face, was the one thing no one knew he owned. The rope hung from his ceiling, taunting him. Dante… He'd been worried about him, he was the only other one who knew he cut. He felt bad since he was the only one who cared about him. "… I'm sorry, I just can't live anymore," he mumbled, hitting the send button and downing the pill in one swift motion. With all his strength, he threw the phone at his wall, shattering it. Laurence's vision swam as he stood up on the chair. "I'm sorry…"

The fell to the floor, it'll all be over soon. 

______

Dante scrolled aimlessly through his phone. Damnit, Garroth and them were supposed to be back a month ago. Kawaii-chan had said something about a delayed boat or something, but he was still annoyed. Bills weren't easy to pay, and Laurence's mental health was starting to plummet. He startled when he received a text. It was from Laurence.

His eyes scanned the text, becoming more worried as he read. Laurence didn't actually plan to…. Dante jumped from his seat, thinking to swipe his keys from the coffee table before he bolted. He jumped the fence separating their houses, almost falling as he ran. When he went to open the door, he realized it was locked. "Thank fuck I have keys" he sighed, opening the door and rushing in.

"Laurence!?" He called, moving to the stairs. Silence met his ears, and that was the last thing he needed to hear. Dante took the stairs 2 at a time, reaching the top in record speed. His eyes landed on the bloody trail leading from the bathroom. 

His heart hammered in his chest as he peeked inside. Blood covered the bathroom counter and sink, dripping down to the floor. A knife was left, seemingly forgotten. He turned on his heel, rushing onto the brunette's room.

Dante's heart stopped. Hanging there lifelessly, was Laurence, blood dripping from his arms, which were sliced up badly. His blue eyes were dull, staring at nothing. With inhuman speed, Dante got the knife from the bathroom, quickly returned to his friend and cut him down. It was only then that he realized he was crying. Tears mixing with the blood that seemed to cover everything.

With shaking hands, he managed to call the police. "911, what's your emergency?" Came the sweet voice of the responder.

"Please, please, help me. My f-friend. He tried to kill himself." He gasped, fighting to keep his breathing level.

"Okay! I'm sending an ambulance your way right now, can you tell me what happened?" She said, voice filled with worry.

"He sent me a text, saying he couldn't..  He couldn't live anymore. I, i.. I ran him and when I got here he was just hanging there. And he lost so much blood" Dante looked back down at the unconscious boy in his arms, a black and purple bruise forming around his neck.

"Yes sir, is your friend awake?"

"No, he's not. He's alive though, I can feel his pulse." The woman hummed, the sound of a keyboard being hit.

"Okay! The ambulance should be there, is the door unlocked?"

"Y-yes! Please, help" Dante cried, his grip tightening. Heavy footsteps echoed as multiple people ran up the stairs. Three people entered. A pale woman with light green hair pulled back into a high ponytail.

The next was a dark-skinned girl with poofy pastel blue. The final was a man with red hair. Dante reluctantly handed him over. "Don't worry dear, we'll help your friend" the pink-haired girl smiled, helping him to his feet.

"I…."  He muttered blankly, staring at the blood-covered floor. The worker leads him out of the room and to the ambulance. Dante stared at his friend, his breathing shallow. "I'm so sorry" he muttered, holding his hand. A shrill screech filled his ears.

"He's flatlining!"