2.15. Granny will understand

Jack and Tom were on the road for almost an hour when they heard stomach rumble. Jack looked at driving man and asked:
-Should we stop somewhere and eat dinner?
-I have a place where I want to eat.
Tom answered.
-We'll be there in an hour. Or do you want something from gas station?
-No, that's ok. I'll wait.

When they drove off the main road and were passing some small towns and villages Jack was looking out of the window, surprised.
-Where are we going exactly?
He asked, thinking that the restaurant they're going to must be really good if Tom is drove so far away from their course.

Finally, after a slow and long drive by the dirt road Tom pulled off the car in front of a big house in the middle of farmland. Far away Jack could see a few other houses and a small forest, probably also a lake, but he wasn't sure if he sees clearly.
-Where are we?
He asked, getting off the car and looking around. Tom answered calmly:
-At my grandparents house.
-What!?
Jack was so shocked that he was ready to get back to the car. Tom briefly quizzed boy's hand and went towards open gate.

-Tom! I'm soo glad that you're here.
Old woman with a long, gray hair said loudly and hugged her grandson with love.
-I was so surprised when you told me that you're going to visit...
She looked at man's eyes, smile warmly and hugged him again.
-And who's that?
She asked looking at Jack.
-He's a very good friend of mine. We will be living together in capital city. He was accepted into National University this year.
Woman smiled to Jack and unexpectedly gave him a long hug, just as if Jack would be her own grandson.

They went into the spacious living room with a great table that could fit in more than 20 people. All the shelves and commodes were filled with souvenirs and photos. All walls were also covered with family photos which Jack started to watching right away.
-Wow... you have a great family.
Jack said to Tom, with his gaze still focused on one of photographs.

-Yeah. I guess that someone from outside wouldn't be able to remember all cousins and their relations. Most of the family members can't.

Tom, his grandparents and Jack were right about to start eating when the doorbell rang.
-I'll go.
Tom said quickly and went to the main doors. He came back after a few minutes with some young man.
-Oh! Rick. It's great you've came. Take yourself a dishes and come eat with us.
Grandma said with a smile.

-Who's that?
Man asked, looking at Jack strangely, with a plate and fork in his hands.
-It's Tom's roommate, Jack. And that's Rick, grandson of my late sister.
They were eating and chatting... and Rick was still looking at Jack with this gaze which made boy uncomfortable. After dinner grandma ordered Tom and Rick to do the dishes, while grandpa asked Jack for a chess match. As he found out during dinner this young boy should be a worthy opponent.

Two man were standing beside the sink, washing dishes and wiping them, when Rick said:
-You got yourself a one cute roommate...
Tom was going to ignore Rick words, no matter what he'll say.
-Whoa, this lips of his looks so tasty. And this cute butt... what wouldn't I do with it...
At first Tom didn't noticed that, but he started to became angry.
-Did you saw his hands? Those smooth fingers probably could do magic in the bed.
Tom realised how angry it makes him to listen that someone is talking about his boyfriend that way. He said harshly:
-It's impossible between you two. Forget it.
Tom didn't want to lose his temper at his grandparents place, but it was close... He touched his head nervously, making it look messy and suddenly his eyes changed. Rick didn't noticed that, still looking at Jack and asked:
-Why? He looks straight, that's true, but who wouldn't want to try... Come on!
-He's top.
Tom hissed. Rick looked at him surprised. But then he shakes his head and said, amused:
-There are many thing a two guys can do instead of actual having sex. Petting. Do you know the word?
He said with an excitement all over his face. And not only there.
-I don't want to hear it.
Tom said angrily and went to the living room where Jack was wining against grandpa.

-Why was your cousin looking at me soo strangely?
Jack asked when they went into the car. Tom was silent for a while but lastly he answered, it was really uncomfortable for him.
-I guess you're just his type.
-He's a gay?
Jack asked surprised.
-Yeah. When family found out there was a storm. But the person who defended him the most was my grandma.
-Is that why we came here? So she can get to know me?
Tom nodded and said, a little bit shy.
-I wanted to introduce you. Although not as boyfriend yet... Do you mind?
-Of course not. I get it.
Jack said with a smile and thought:
"As a friend or a boyfriend, I'm still glad that you wanted me to get to know your family."