Iced coffee [gender neutral]

The day was draining and hard to even manage half a shift as you wiped a wet cloth over the counter with a soft sigh that escaped your lips. Just like every day you worked in the small coffee shop downtown, yet you disliked your work and only did it because you needed the money and you got the job under convenient circumstances. Nevertheless you decided to pull through just another day and not let your lack of motivation take the lead.
During your shift you did what had to be done which included cleaning, preparing shakes, coffee and tea and serve pastries to the customers.

Somehow you did not really get along that well with your coworkers, but it wasn't that big of a deal for you despite them not really talking a lot with you or integrate you that much. It was that typical relationship of saying hi, bye and looking forward to finally being alone again.
At 10 pm your shift ended and the shop closed, however it was your turn to clean through and turn the key this time. Your were tired and you could feel every bone in your body from standing for 8 hours straight, yet the thought of finally leaving today behind pleased you enough, to finish of the last bit of work.

Turning on some low music to make everything a little more bearable, you began to swipe over the floor with an old broom, being relived that soon you could be home and lay down into your soft bed in peace, but just a few moments later you heard the tiny bell ring, when somebody opened the door to the coffee shop. Frowning your brows you turned around and eyed on a man with big dark eyes and prominent cheekbones. He wore some black jeans and a white t-shirt along with a thin golden necklace around his neck.
„Excuse me sir, the store is closed" you friendly hinted to him and went after your work once more expecting him to just leave again, which you really hoped at first since you did not want to waste any more time.

„The sign said it was opened though...?", responded the male with a soft and questioning voice. You clearly weren't in the mood to have a discussion so you just shook your head, released the air from inside your lungs and leaned the broom against the wall. „We close at 10 pm", you replied once more „i sadly forgot to turn the sign around."
You could clearly see the disappointment in his face after you ended your sentence as he slightly pressed his lips together, all because of a beverage from the local. He somehow looked just as exhausted and done as you felt and something inside you got soft in that moment.
„But i could make an exception." you then gave in, cause seeing him that way somehow felt worse than coming home a few minutes later.

Immediately his face lit up again and you could feel the joy in him jump onto you a little bit. His emotions were pretty catchy in your opinion and you had to hold back a smile.
„Thank you so much, I had a really long day and almost all the coffee shops ecxept for the night café are closed", explained the brown haired man to you and bowed in front of you. Shaking your head with a smile on your face you chuckled and went behind the counter.
„What do you wanna have?" you then asked and looked at the cash register, trying not to look at him again. Your body felt a bit tensed cause you were temped to stare since his facial features looked way more unique than what you saw on a day to day basis.

The man came to the counter, laid his hands onto it and hummed for a second before he replied. „I think as usual. An iced coffee please with a shot of maple syrup. Cold brewed." Not even a blink of an eye later he already held the money in front of you. „Keep the change", he added, which you gladly did. Taking the money you couldn't deny that he had really beautiful and big hands. They looked soft and warm and his personality seemed just as such.

Walking over to the fridge where you kept the cold brewed coffee, you took out a small bottle, and began to prepare his drink, but shortly after you wanted to do the work you heard his voice again: „My name is Jonghyun, and yours?" He sounded friendly and acted pretty extroverted even if something inside of you made you feel that he was more of an introvert usually and your instincts normally were never giving you wring signals before.
„I'm [y/n]". You accomodated and got another small glimpse of him. Jonghyun sat down on a table close to the counter and tilted his head, looking at you with a kind smile. „What a pretty name." This man strangely radiated such warmth, you never noticed that on anybody before. He seemed to be such a kind and nice persona and slowly you felt like having some extra time at work wasn't even that bad.

Handing him the freshly prepared drink, you then went back to the broom. After all the floor had to be cleaned and you did not want to get nagged for doing a sloppy job. Yet Jonghyun wasn't that amused by you having to come after your work and so cleared his throat before speaking up: „Don't you want to sit down with me? I bet you did enough today, you look a little tired." You indeed were tired -more than bust a little- but you wanted to finally finish off and so shook your head. „No thank you, i have to get this done."

„What if you sit down now and I help you afterwards?" Immediately you negated because you did not want a customer to even form a bend of a finger even though his offer was a very sweet gesture and you needed some rest. Your boss always said that customers should be treated like Kings and so him helping you was completely out of the question. „No, please just enjoy your drink, Jonghyun", you said softly and with a small smile, gifting him a small bow. He was so kind and polite to you. It was almost unbelievable, but well... you let him get his coffee even after the store should have been shut closed.

Your answer did not suit Jonghyun's imagination at all, so he shook his head at you and stood up, leaving the drink on his table. With a bit of a cocky smile he took the broomstick out if your hands and looked at you with a slightly provoking smile before swiping over the floor, obviously wanting to see how you'd react. „You are me someone" you sighed at this extra kind of man and tried to take it away from him again, but his grip intensified and he refused to hand you back what once was in your own hands.

Somehow this turned into fun and games to the both of you. „Are you trying to provoke me?", you had to chuckle while saying so and pulled on the stick once more, but Jonghyun, who was way stronger than you, pulled it back right after and it gave you such an intense and unexpected jerk that you stumbled in front towards him.

Gasping he noticed that he was a bit too rough and held you to not fall. His arms wrapped tightly around your shoulders and you could feel the warmth that came from his body through your clothes. In that moment, everything stood still and you felt like all the noises around got mute and shut down. A feeling of security rushed through your body and sent chills down your spine. It was somehow weird to you. There was something like a small connection between the two of you and... it did not even feel awkward. You felt that he was a pure and genuine person.

A soft laugh from his side ripped you out of your thoughts again as your head snapped back up to look at him. Jonghyun still did not let go and just looked at you for quite a few seconds. You could not really define what laid in gus eyes, but it sure wasn't anything negative. „You're pretty", he whispered lowly and eyed you with a soft glance. „You seem like those [y/gd] about whom I write poems." His compliments made you blush and you desperately tried to avoid his eyes by now. Despite a big smile laid on your lips and you felt deeply touched. „Thank you... i guess." It came shyly from your side before you took one last breath. „Let's finish off in here. Should we?"
________________________________