Sharing scars

The blonde approached him slowly. Sitting down beside him on the mattress. Zack grabbed her arm. Causing her to jolt.

"Take a good, long look, Ray... This is what a real monster looks like."

Rachel blinked in response to his actions. She didn't turn away. Her gaze locked on him completely. Unable to look away from him even if she wanted to. She knew they were bad. But she didn't realize they were that bad. Still, remaining wordless, she brought up her other hand to cup his cheek. She had a sad look in her eyes. Causing Zack's expression to soften.

She's touching my gross skin without screaming or running away… What's her deal? Run! Scream! I'm hideous! Don't you see that?! Do something else! Just don't… Look at me...Like that…

Zack tried shutting his eyes but opened them again after hearing her speak up finally.

"I'm looking. But all I see is the face of a man who's been through a lot of pain. Human. Just like everyone else." She stroked his cheek. The feeling of it caused Zack to freeze in place. Lowering his hand as he loosened his grip on her wrist.

Isaac lowered his head, which made her bring her other hand up to hold his face.

No more words were needed in Rachel's mind. She leaned up and pressed her lips to his. Setting Zack's head in a spin. He pushed her away. His eyes wide as his brain tried to process it. Feeling too many emotions all at once.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

Rachel shouldn't have been surprised by Zack's reaction but she still responded in confusion.

"... Kissing you?"

Zack blank once before his face turned a noticeably different shade. He spoke In a low voice.

"...Again." He tried to speak quietly. Too embarrassed by the words that left.

"Huh?" She blinked.

"I said do it again, dammit!"

The woman quickly grew flustered at the command.

"O-okay!"

Rachel felt a bit more shy at that point. Even so, she brought his face closer to her for another soft kiss.

Zack brought her closer. Wrapping his arms around her waist as he pulled her into his lap. She let go of his face. Her eyes widening. It was her turn to be taken aback. He grabbed her by the chin. Pressing harder. His gentle kisses growing hungrier and more passionate by the seconds. She returned the passion not long after. Pulling back to look at him for a few minutes. Zack nearly whined as she did so.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt ya or something?"

She shook her head. Her face was bright red as she looked away. "No. Nothing like that…" The silence was killing him. He let go of her. Feeling butterflies in his stomach. He was anxious as to why she responded the way she did.

"Zack. Be honest with me."

He snapped his head back towards her.

"Ray, I hate lia-"

She interjected.

"Yes, I know you hate liars. But I want to make sure… Are you really okay with someone like me?" She looked at the ground. Kicking her feet a little at the edge of the bed.

"Hah? What kinda stupid question is that? I should be the one asking you!"

She stared at him for a while before closing her eyes with a smile. "Oh."

He looked at her confused after that. Wondering to himself what was going on in the head of hers.

"I may be dumb but maybe ya should stop thinking and start doing, more."

She lifted her head. Unsure of what he was trying to say."What do you mean?" Zack stared at her intensely. She was anxious. But the sight of his half dressed form hovering above her in the dimly lit motel room caused her body temperature to rise. Their breathing gradually became more desperate as they engaged in heavy lip-lock once more.

"Ray… I dunno what's going on with me right now… But I want ya bad. Real bad."

He slid a hand up underneath her top. Feeling her bare skin. Goosebumps formed on the otherwise smooth surface. He felt the area where her old scar was located. Lifting the fabric, he tried to get a better look. The memories rushed back like a title wave.

"Wait a sec. How long have you had this?"

She sat up a little. "Oh. That… Since Danny shot me. Remember?" She sat up fully. Turning her back and lifting her top a little to show him just how bad it was.

"Shit. He got ya good, huh?" He tried to sympathize. In his very Zack way.

Rachel just nodded. Zack gave her a grown  "Guess I ain't the only one with scars anymore."

Ray shook her head. "You aren't. Mine aren't nearly as bad as yours though." She tried to make it out to be not such a big deal. Not paying much attention to what she said, Zack leaned down to kiss it. Causing Ray to jolt. Sitting back up he looked at her.

"Just the thought of Danny having marked ya up like that, pisses me off." She blinked at him. "Zack, it's a scar. You can't make it go away. It's always going to be there." She sounded depressed. Every time she saw it she'd feel disdainful towards the presumably deceased doctor with an affinity and obsession for eyes. Her eyes in particular.

Zack took her out of the nasty thought. Pressing his lips to the spot again.

"Then I'll just have to mark ya everywhere else!" Despite his childish tone, her heart raced again. Completely unaware of his intentions. Despite that, she didn't push him away. Anticipating his touch.

"Then claim what's yours, Zack."