Chapter 7

Okay who called?? Bc I'm here now.

A lot of shit has happened since I last updated. A fight with a friend, a breakup after 2yrs, a getaway trip to NY and life constantly beating the shit out of me.

I never forgot about you guys but stuff happens and gets in the way..

Anyway, Enjoy :)

Songs to listen to and get emo w me:

Lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid

Love Surrounds You by Ramsey

I'm Not In Love by Kelsey Lu

Camila's POV

"Come on! Hurry up or we're gonna miss it!" I practically squealed in excitement. Hopping out of the passenger door, I close it shut behind me.

I sighed happily staring at the retro theater across the street that lights up the night sky with it's neon lights. After work earlier today, Shawn came home a few hours after me and decided to take me out for dinner and a movie. It was really sweet for him to just come home and suddenly make it a date night for us, especially when I wasn't planning on going out at all even though it was a Friday night.

Shawn chuckled lightly walking up next to me, "The movie doesn't start for another 20 minutes, we have plenty of time."

He looked both ways before walking forward across the street, holding his hand out behind him for me. I quickly grabbed it, interlocking our fingers and followed closely next to him.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I know I know but I want to get the good seats and look at that line!"

There were only four or five people in line but still! For all we know, these people are about to buy the last of the tickets because we took our time getting here. Shawn only shook his head and chuckled as we came to a stop and stood in front of the ticket booth waiting for our turn.

"Guess what?"

I rotated myself to face him so I could listen, he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his hands on my lower back. I hummed happily as my own instinctively reached up and hooked themselves around the back of his neck. My fingers toyed with the dark wavy strands that have grown out so long.

"What?" I asked smiling up at him.

"I've been offered to record a demo for Island Records."

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened in surprise. "Shawn! This is amazing! How did this happen?!"

"I have no idea, honestly. I mean, I got a call from my friend and he said that he shared a sample we made of me singing last year before graduation with his boss. And it turns out his boss is a producer at Island Records and now they want me to record a demo!"

Shawn smiled down at me grinning so wide with pride shining in his brown eyes. I was at a complete loss for words at the sudden good news. Amazing news! I quickly stood on my tip toes and pressed my lips against his, his lips moved softly against my own in the familiar way they always do, warming my heart. I pulled back, my hands resting on his broad shoulders.

"I'm so proud of you!" I told him sincerely peering up at him. "This is amazing. After all the hard work you've been putting in towards your music, you deserve this. You truly do and I..."

The words evaporated on my tongue when my eyes suddenly shifted past Shawn's shoulder at something that caught my attention or someone that caught my attention.

Those haunting green eyes were staring directly into my own and managed to suck the breath right out of my lungs. My heart skipped a beat and butterflies swarmed in my belly at the sight of my ex-girlfriend.