The Story of Us (BoyXBoy)

The Story of Us

  Chapter One

              Groaning, I looked up at the guy who had landed on me. His long hair covered his face, so dark it was almost black. Xavier Garcia. Xavier stood and brushed himself off.

  “Watch where you’re going, Brat.” He snarled and walked swiftly down the hallway. I was left shivering on the school floor, breathless and remembering when he first said those words to me.

 Flashback:

  It was my first day and I was already late. I had woken up late and my new house was at least a mile away from the school. By time I entered the Westford high school it was 9:o7. This according to my schedule was around third bell. I had tried to hurry to my third class of the day and wasn’t watching where I was going. I ran into the most gorgeous creature in existence and fell straight on my butt. The dark angel stood over me and growled, “Watch where you’re going, Brat.” Then he walked swiftly away. When I had walked into my third bell, finally, I saw him again. Only he was different. The dark angel had turned into a gorgeous brown haired football player.  It turned out they were twins. Completely opposite. Xavier and Xander Garcia.  Xander and I have become great friends if not best. We’re always with each other.  However, Xavier has not come around. He hates me to the core though I don’t know why. It’s been nearly three years since we met.

  “Hey man you ok?” Xander asked peering down at me.

“Yeah. I’m fine, had a slight run in with your evil twin.” Xander shook his head and helped me up. Though Xavier and Xander looked alike, I never felt with Xander the way I did with Xavier.

   “When are the two of you going to get along?” A grin was plastered on his face. I scowled. Xavier and I had a great love/hate relationship.

“Never. You got football practice today?” Xander is the best quarterback this school has ever had but the rest of the team sucked.

 “Yeah. You coming to watch? Be my little cheerleader?” He taunted.  I glared at him. He laughed and draped his arm over my shoulder.        

   The football players were sitting on the bench with exception of Aiden Haste, a brunette with a tannish colored skin. He was very aggressive and very yummy.  

 “I’m going to go sit down.” I whispered to Xander. He nodded and let go of me.

 “Oh before I forget, Xavier will be giving you a ride today. I’m going to stay till six. He won’t be out till about 4:35. He has detention. Again.”

 “Of course he did. He’s had detention almost every day since before I moved here.”

 “Yeah well that’s my brother.” I nodded and went up the bleachers. I sat down next to Dylan Grayson, an emo looking small boy with an angry face that seemed to soften when I was around. His hair was a light brown that spiked up in the coolest way.   He moved here about the same time I did and we became instant friends. Kind of like Xander and I. Dylan didn’t share our look but we all laughed and talked and sometimes thought about the same things. We were all different. I was adorable in ‘the you just want to kiss me so do it’ kind of way. Xander was the football captain.  Nathan was the drama god, and Dylan was the emo looking kid who preferred to be alone.

“Hey.” I said. Dylan turned his attention to me. His eyes showed what seemed no emotion.  

 “Hey Brandon. Are you going to that party tomorrow night?”

 “Nah man I can’t. I got work.” I work at the library three blocks from my house. I have been for a year now.

 “Oh that’s cool.” Dylan murmured.

 “Are you going to the party?” I asked, knowing he wouldn’t.

  “Nah. Too much sh** to do. When do you get off?”

 “Um eleven. Why?” Dylan said nothing. We sat there for what seemed forever just talking about stuff. I got up when I saw Xavier standing by the bleachers.

 “I got to go. I’ll see you later.” I said. He stood also and lent in so his breath hit my ear.

“You can do so much better Brandon.”

 “What?” Dylan sat back down and stared at him confused. I walked down the bleachers to Xavier who didn’t look happy. He started toward the parking area. I followed behind him, so close that when he abruptly stopped I bumped into him. Now paying attention I watched him get onto the motorcycle.

 “Are you serious? You know I don’t like this thing.” I whined remembering the last time I was on it. I almost got sick.

 “Just get on, we have to hurry. Zayne and Connor are already there.”

“Already where?”

“At the house dumb a**.” He growled. I hesitantly got on the bike behind him.

“Hold on to me tight. My brother would kill me if his little boyfriend fell off.”

“I’m not his boyfriend. He’s not gay. And even if he was he’s not my type.”

 “Oh and what is your type Mr.Grey?” His tone mocking with a hint of something I couldn’t recognize. I didn’t say anything and he revved the bike to life. It didn’t take us long to get to the house. Holding onto Xavier made it so I would never want to let go.

  “Hey man!” Connor called out as Xavier  helped me off the bike. Connor was tall and sexy. His hair was always in his eyes. Hiding him away. He had muscle and when he got angry things were not good. Of course I didn’t like him because he pointedly started to harass Nathan because he is gay.

 “Hello cutie.” I jumped and almost fell but arms caught me. Zayne Black was holding me. Zayne was a dark and dangerous 19 year old guy. He was hot and unattainable. And he just called me cutie.

 “Um hi?” I said back. I quickly made my way to the house, scared out of my mind. Though I had never talked to him before, his reputation wasn’t good. I had heard all about him. I ran up the stairs to Xander’s room.

   When Xander opened his bedroom door at 6:47, I leapt straight into his arms.

“Whoa, what’s with the leap of fate?” He asked.

“Can’t a guy be happy to see his best friend after hiding in his room all day?”

“Why were you hiding in my room?”

“Because Zayne Black called me cute and I decided to stay in here till my big and bad best friend came home to rescue me.” I explained not letting go of Xander. Xander chuckled and carried me down stairs to the kitchen. Xavier, Connor, and Zayne were in the living room smoking something. Wait Xavier smokes!?! Xander let me go and I stood there staring at the one I thought was perfect for so many years. Was he smoking weed? It smelt like it. Connor stopped laughing when he saw me. Xavier stopped too and turned around. His smile faded when he saw me. The cigarette in his hand quavered.

  Xander wasn’t big on drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes. Not since he found out about my father. He strode into the kitchen leaving me. I didn’t look away from Xavier. I couldn’t. Everything I had thought had been a lie. The room was full of tension and smoke.

“Brandon…” I didn’t let him finish whatever it was that he was about to say.  I followed Xander into the kitchen trying not to let the disappointment follow me.

    * I will upload if you comment and or vote. Please do comment even if it's bad!!