Waking up

Chapter 3

   I woke up to the water of my bath tub running. I went to my closet and got a fresh pair of boxers and the clothes I set out for today.

 “Are you almost done in there?” I called. The water shut off instantly and Xavier came out with a towel loosely tied around his waist.

 “All yours,” he muttered in amusement as I blushed. The water drops were running, chasing each other down his body. I made a move towards the bathroom with my clothes in tack but Xavier’s arm caught me.  “Will you go out with me?” He asked. His voice was tense as were his muscles. His arms were like chains around me. He was afraid of my answer.

 “I-I can’t, not yet, we’ll have to do a test trial first. I can’t just go from you hating me to you loving me. It will take some time. I have to know you are real and not just trying to mess with me.” Xavier grinned and picked me up swinging me around.

 “As long as it isn’t a direct rejection. Um… Since I’ve never really dated before, what do we do now?” I laughed lightly at his confused face.

“Oh, you’re a virgin too? That’s good. We’re not dating remember? We’re testing.”

“Uh yeah…I can do that.” He looked away.

“Can you put me down so I can shower?” He laughed and set me down. It was weird but I already missed his arms around me.

        “So… Can I kiss you?” He asked sometime later while we were lying in the bed talking.  I bit my lip.  Not wanting to answer but wanting him to do it none the less.

“Um… Is that what you want?”

“Always.” I smiled at him and leaned in. He met me half way; his lips were rough against mine. Like he couldn’t get enough of me. Like he didn’t want to get enough of me. Our lips moved together in perfect synch. I broke away for air and he grinned like the idiot he was.

“What?” I asked, my face heated. His eyes traveled down and his grin got bigger. I followed his gaze and jumped up to run to the bathroom. I was almost there before he caught me by the waist.

 “Come on it’s perfectly natural to get one when you’re so close to me.” He said cockily.

 “Oh, don’t be modest or anything.” I replied sarcastically.

 “Why be modest? Did you just not get…?”

 “Ok, ok. I get it, you’re hot and you know it. Now let me go so I can go sulk in my bathroom.” I whined.

 “Don’t think so.”      

 “Were you nervous when you came out bi?” He looked shocked at the random question.

 “No…Nope I don’t think so.” I stared at him, not in awe but in frustration.

 “Whatever.”

“So… Are we out in the open or are you going to make me kiss you in a closet?”

“Ugh! We are on a test run.” I muttered, glaring at him. “I just think I should tell people I’m gay.”

 “Gay?”

 “Yeah, I mean, I’ve never really liked girls…”

 “Really? Huh, I should have known, you’ve never had a girlfriend.”

 “How the heck do you know?” I asked though I wasn’t sure I wanted the answer.

“I told you, I’ve been hooked on you for quite some time. Can we still make out in the closet?” I pushed him away playfully.

 “Yes.” I blushed and he grinned before I walked into the bathroom and shut the door in his face.