Luv Drunk

The Story of Us

Chapter 2

 I woke up to a loud banging at my door. Trying to get out of bed quickly I tripped over the sheets. The banging didn’t stop even though I screamed that I was on my way. I shut the door as soon as I opened it.

 “Brandon! You better open this door!” He demanded. Sighing I opened the door again and this time he took no time in pushing me aside and stalking into my apartment.

 “You probably woke half the street with that banging of yours.” I said. He looked at me with such density in his eyes that I stepped back.

 “Where have you been for the last two days? Xander is mad at me saying it’s my fault you don’t want to come around anymore. Do you know how prissy he can be? Two days of him yelling at me.”

 “You came here at one in the morning to yell at me because your brother is yelling at you? It really couldn’t wait till morning? Oh right you don’t talk to me in school unless it’s an insult.” I said sarcastically.

 “I don’t insult you.” I stared at him a second before I realized his words were slightly slurred and his movements were tilted.

 “Are you drunk?” He didn’t answer. “God Xavier, if you go home drunk your mum would kill you!” I yelled.

“I’ll stay here.” He said simply and with a sharp turn he was heading to my bedroom. A fantasy come true I assure you.

 “You cannot just barge in here like that and yell at me and then expect to stay here!” He got comfy on my bed and took his shirt off. “At least sleep on the couch.” I tried again but it came out weaker.

 “Nope. Come lie down with me?” He looked so innocent I wanted to say yes.

 “You’re out of your mind.” I muttered before crawling into bed with him.

  “I hated you.” He whispered some time later. I rolled over so I was looking at him in the dark.

 “What?” Sure I had heard right but desperately not wanting to believe it.

 “I hated you. When Xander brought you home with him. I was jealous.”

“Of me?” I asked dumbly.

 “No. Of him. He got you.”

“We’re just friends.” I said though it was pretty obvious.

 “That doesn’t matter. Xander and I don’t share anything and when he brought you home and declared you as his best friend, I could no longer want you. And I did…want you. For those first few weeks, before you and Xander, I had developed a school boy crush. I have always been gay. Everyone knew I was gay, I had nothing to hide. I have never hidden anything about myself from anyone because I never cared about what they thought. And now, I’m rushing around to do things that might make you like me back and I’m scared that I will screw up. Like I did two days ago.”

 “Why are you telling me this? Why now?”

    “I don’t want to lose you.”

  “Go to sleep. You’re drunk.” I whispered.

 “I’m going to kiss you. Don’t stop me. Please.” He whispered against my lips. A brush. A simple brush of the lips that left me swooning, as if he was testing me. After a moment of just leaning close with our lips barely touching, he grabbed the back of my neck and his mouth became more demanding. His lips moved with mine as if they were made for each other. With a brute force he got on top of me. I knew that anything more and we wouldn’t be able to stop. I pushed him away lightly.

“Go to bed Xavier.” I whispered. I closed my eyes and smiled as Xavier wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

 “Tease.”

 “Sorry.”

 “Don’t be. You can tease me anytime. I love you, Brandon.”

 “What?” Not sure I heard that right.

 “I figured it out just before I got here. I was walking and when I ended up at your door I just…Something clicked inside and… I love you.” I kissed him again lightly on the lips.