Chapter 1

That old black ford pickup truck stood parked at the front of my house the horn beeped twice signaling me to get my lazy butt outside. I slip on my dirty white converse and go out the front door, I make my way to the passenger door and hop in. He presses his foot harder on the gas pedal and speeds down the road making screeching noises. It was around six o'clock p.m, the sky was a mix of purple and blue, and the stars were just starting to peak through the clouds. We made our way through vacant roads that just went through farm land, it was quiet, just how I like it on nights like these. No noise just driving straight ahead at a high enough speed that when I look out the window all I see is a blur of trees that we were driving past. We slow down and take a sharp right turn, you wouldn't be able to tell there was a road there unless you knew the place well enough. The road is cracked and old. We slow down and come to a complete stop right in front of a field that led to a sunflower field. He starts the car again and we follow the trail that has formed there from being driven over multiple times in the past. We drive straight into the middle of it, he stops the car again but this time he takes the keys out of the ignition and places them in the side of the door. We both step out of the car. Even though it was the middle of summer the air has a chill to it so I pull my arms through the flannel that was once tied around my waist. My white crop top is now concieled but my legs still have goosebumps on them because I'm wearing my high wasted shorts. Neither of us have spoken yet, coming here was our Saturday night ritual in the summer, nothing new to us.

"Well this is awkward."

"Way to ruin the moment Cameron!"

Me and Cameron have been best friends since we were around nine. And an obnoxious pair we are.

"Oh well. Dude I'm hungry we should order pizza."

"I thought you were supposed to bring the food?"

"Um I forgot." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Wow. How are we even supposed to order pizza I didn't know they delivered to the middle of nowhere." I squint at him.

"RYLIE DON'T YOU DARE SQUINT AT ME LIKE THAT, ITS SO CREEPY AND YOU LOOK STUPID!"

"Good." I reply still squinting at him. But after about five seconds I start dying of laughter he looks so funny when he's scared.

"Finally you're done with that torture."

"Okay let's order pizza, but you're gonna order it and try and explain that they have to deliver it to place not even we know the address to. " I'm really craving pizza so I just give in, and I dont feel like giving them the directions on how to get here so...

I jump in the back of the truck and admire the view while dumb shit over there orders pizza.

* * *

Surprisingly the pizza guy finds the field. Me and Cameron have just finished all of the pizza.

"Now what?" He asks.

I reply by shrugging my shoulders and I make my way over to the back of the truck and I hop in. Laying down and looking up at the stars. The sky is clear tonight so you can see every single one of them, and since there aren't any trees in the field you can see the whole sky making the view even more beautiful. I loved coming here enjoying the cool summer nights and we couldn't really come here any other time because of school and when we had break in the winter the snow was an issue. I remember when me and Cameron tried to come up here in the winter one year, we had made it too but when we tried to leave the truck had gotten stuck in the snow. We tried to call my mom to come pick us up but there was a blizzard and we couldn't get a cell reception, so we had to stay the whole entire night I. The car but luckily we didn't run out of gas so we had heat. Then the next day we had to walk out to the main road in knee deep snow and hitchhike back into town. I smile at the memory and refocus on the sky. I feel someone lay next to me and I can feel his stare on me.

"What are you looking at?"

"Not your ugly face." He replies. That's how our relationship was we fought and annoyed each other like brother and sister but in the end we were always there for each other. And that's how I liked it.

"Whatever weirdo."

"You're gonna regret calling me that." I saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye and in that moment I knew what was about to go down.

"Cameron Alexander Dallas don't you dare." I say standing up and jumping out of the truck bed. He laughs and follows me. I back up and trip causing me to fall back.

He jumps on me and starts tickling me. I can't stop laughing and my sides are starting to hurt. I manage to get out of his grasp and I start to run, I ran back to the truck and lock all of the doors.

"I swear if you don't stop I will leave you out there all night."

"Okay, okay I'm done."

I unlock the doors and then he drives me home.

* * *

I get out of the car and wave goodbye to him from my front door. As I lay down that night I replay the events in my head from tonight. Something was different. I didn't know what it was but it was a feeling that I've never felt before.

- - -

Third Person POV:

The feeling Rylie was feeling wasn't just any feeling she was feeling love. Love for Cameron. She just didn't know it yet. She just didn't want to admit it to herself because she was scared. She was scared that he wouldn't feel the same and that it would ruin there friendship. She didn't know how to handle the feeling, all she knew was that she had to hide it. She'd have to pretend that all she wanted was to be friends and nothing more.

///

Sorry that this is short but please vote and comment! xx - Chandni