Chapter 7

Cameron's POV:

I run up the stairs and down a long hallway. I open multiple doors and see that she isn't in any of them. I keep running down the hallway till I get to the last door. I hear a sob, and I know that it's Rylie. I immediately open the door and see the love of my life, broken down in tears on a bathroom floor. I place my hand on her shoulder, and she flinches. She turns around to meet my face, and we make eye contact. I sit down on the tile floor and place my arms around her and hold her.

Rylie's POV:

He holds me in his arms and I feel safe, I feel like nothing can ever happen to me. Cameron just holds me. He doesn't ask any questions or say any words at all. I let the tears fall down my face. I don't like when people see me cry, but I can't hold it in. My heart begins to slow down from it's once fast pace and I lean into Cameron. He sighs and I can sense that he is about to speak.

"I feel like there is no better time to tell you, now that someone has brought it up. Rylie, you are one of the most wonderful girls I have ever met. You know how to put a smile on my face even when I'm absolutely miserable. Whenever you look at me I get butterflies in my stomach, and when I'm with you I never take any moment for granted, because who knows what could happen next. I feel so alive when ever I'm around you and I feel like I can be myself with you. Whenever I see you I want to wrap you up in my arms and kiss you like its the last time I'll ever kiss you. I have never felt this way before and I never thought I would be saying these things out loud but..."

He doesn't get to finish his sentence because I place my lips on his for the second time, but this time it's different. This time it's in an act of love. My fingers run threw his hair and he encloses the space between us by pulling me closer to him.

I break away from the kiss and look into Cameron's eyes. He stares back at me.

"Rylie Lenox Thompson, will you be my girlfriend."

"Yes." I say.

We both stand up without saying anything, and go back downstairs to the party.

* * *

No one says a word when Cameron and I sit back down in the circle. We just carry on with the game of truth or dare.

About an hour later people start to clear out of the party and so do we. Ashleigh decides that we will all go back to her place. All of us pile into our cars and make our way over to Ashleigh's. The whole entire car ride I just stare out the window and replay the events from tonight over and over in my head wishing that I could relive it all, just to hear him say those words and kiss me again.

We get to Ashleigh's and thank goodness we all brought extra clothes pretty much knowing we would be sleeping over someone's house after the party.

All of the girls were in Ashleigh's room getting ready for bed and the boys were downstairs doing who knows what.

"I know I'm not the only one wandering this so I'm just going to ask, what went down upstairs tonight?" Payton asks.

I explain to them what happened and they all they out an "awww" at the end of my explanation.

"Finally you guys are together, we all knew it was gonna happen. It took forever though." Julia says.

All of my friends agree with her and we decide to go downstairs.

_ _ _

Cameron's POV:

I had explained what had happened to the boys and we were all just hanging out downstairs. The girls come downstairs and they're all in their pj's.

"We should watch a movie." Julia announces.

We all agree with her, for once and try to decide what movie to watch.

"I want popcorn." Rylie says randomly, but it didn't surprise me. She always wanted food.

"Then let's go make some popcorn because I want some too." I say getting up and following her to the kitchen.

"Now we just have to find it." Rylie says while rummaging through cabinets.

I chuckle at her and let out a sigh. Today has been a very long day for all of us and this was the perfect end to it.

"Ahah!" She finds the packages of popcorn and puts them into the microwave.

She leans awkwardly against the countertop, and I can tell that she's nervous. She's never been nervous around me.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" She replies.

"You've been acting kind of strange since... earlier. You seem a bit distant from me."

"Well I don't know... I mean I'm just not sure what to say to you anymore because we're together now, not just friends. I guess I'm just nervous." She says while looking down at the floor.

I walk over to her and take both of her hands in mine.

"You don't have to be nervous babe. I don't want the friendship that we had to be weird because of this. I get that it's different now since we're together, but I'm still your best friend. I can be both. I can be your best friend and your boyfriend." I give her a reassuring smile and she grins up at me.

I lean in to kiss her but I am interrupted by the sound of the microwave beeping. We both laugh and she takes the bag of popcorn and empties it into a bigger bowl. We make multiple bags because the gang is probably going to want some. Then go into the living room where everyone is cuddling and about to start the movie.

- - -

Rylie's POV:

Cameron and I are stuck on a smaller couch again but this time it's different. We are laid down on the couch, my head on his chest and the bowl of popcorn on his stomach. They picked Twilight. Of coarse they did. The movie plays and Cameron plays with my hair and stuffs his face with popcorn. The movie is almost over and I feel my eyes start to shut as Bella and Edward are dancing together.

///

:/ - Chandni