Chapter 3

In the office, Big Bucks was busy answering phone calls from different telephones as he said "Look, you big ape! I need ponies or creatures in monkey suits for the ark picture! Hello?! What is it?! You caught me at a bad time! I'm casting the ark picture! Get off the line! Yes, hello?! Big Bucks, here!" Just then, Dusk Shine entered the office as he said "Mr. Big Bucks?" "Yes?!" Big Bucks asked while ignoring Dusk Shine who said "If you have any openings for a talented pony, I'm your stallion." "Uh huh." Big Bucks said. "All right! Send over four ponies or creatures wearing a chicken and lion suit, but don't send them over in the same carriage this time!" He got off the phone, and looked at the clipboard as he said "Sheesh! Ok, let's see now. Burros, camels, caribou, cats." He looked up at Dusk Shine as he said "Say you! Can you play a cat?" "Sure!" Dusk Shine said as he shrugged. "I love cats!" Big Bucks chuckled as he said "How would you like to be in the next Cozy Glow picture?" Dusk Shine gasped with delight as he said "THE Cozy glow?! Equestria's sweetheart?! Lover of foals and animals?!" "One and the same, colt! One and the same!" Big Bucks said as he held up a pile of paper for Dusk Shine to sign. As he began sign them, he said "Just sign here, here, and here, and here!"

Outside the office, the door opened, and a very steamed and drenched Twilight Sparkle walked in with a very stern look on her face. "Twilight, what happened to you?" Pinkie Pie asked as she giggled a little. "Did you walk under a ladder?" Thorax asked as he shook in fear. "Sm-Smash a mirror?" "Have you looked in one lately?" Cranky Doodle asked. Twilight Sparkle sighed, and said "No. A unicorn crossed my path." "Really?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Same coat color as you?" "Yeah." Twilight Sparkle said. "Same mane color as you?" Pinkie Pie said. "Yes." Twilight Sparkle asked. "Same cutie mark as you?" Pinkie Pie asked. "What a coincidence!" "How'd you know, Pinkie Pie?" Twilight Sparkle asked. "Pinkie sense!" Pinkie Pie said. Inside the office, Dusk Shine had finished signing the papers as Big Bucks said "Here, and here and initial this!" "Wow!" Dusk Shine said with a grin. "This is a dream come true!" "Yeah, yeah, yeah." Big Bucks said. "But don't forget. Ten percent of that dream is mine!" He shook Dusk Shine's hoof as he said "Welcome to Applewood!" Outside the office, Twilight Sparkle answered the phone on her desk as she said "Big Bucks's Actors Agency, may I help you?" When she heard a pony on other line saying that they need a creature in a lamb suit, she said "You need a creature in a lamp suit for the pony monarch picture?"

An anthropomorphic cat named Capper looked at Twilight Sparkle as he said "Yeah!" "Oh, a sacrifical lamb suit?" Twilight Sparkle asked looking at Capper who gasped, and said "No, no!" "Sorry, fresh out." Twilight Sparkle said as she hung up. She sighed, and said "Every day, I ask myself, why do I put up with this?" "For the glamour." Matilda said. Twilight Sparkle scoffed, and said "For ponies and creatures that are stubborn as a mule?" She looked at the nearby mule sitting in a bench, and said "No offense, sir!" "None taken." The mule said. As Twilight Sparkle looked through file cabinets, she said "Unless, of course, you're referring to the glamour of filing. The romance of typing." She spotted Pinkie Pie fixing up her mane as she said "Pinkie, what are you doing?" "Oh, I'm just fixing you up." Pinkie Pie said. "You'll wanna look pretty in case you meet somepony nice." Twilight Sparkle scoffed, and said "Yeah, right. As if he's gonna come waltzing right through that-!" She got cut off when a door nearly slammed her as Big Bucks and Dusk Shine walked out. "You're gonna be fine, colt!" Big Bucks said. "You're the cat's meow! You can meow, can't ya?" "Of course." Dusk Shine said. "Ok, good." Big Bucks said. He looked around, and said "Where's Twilight Sparkle?!" He looked to his right to see Twilight Sparkle who recovered from what just happened as he said "Oh, Twilight, sweetie baby!"

"Whatever it is, the answer is no." Twilight Sparkle said as she picked up the papers she dropped with her magic. "I'm in a bit of a jam." Big Bucks said. "Too bad." Twilight Sparkle said. "Can't find a female pony willing to wear a cat suit for the ark picture." Big Bucks said. "Guess who's gonna fill in." "Hmm....you?" Twilight Sparkle asked. "Nah." Big Bucks said. "I only fill in for those davishing stallion types." "Frankly, Big Bucks, I don't give a-!" "Twilight Sparkle!" Big Bucks said interrupting her. "I'm a pony secretary, not a pony actress." Twilight Sparkle said. "Come on!" Big Bucks said. "I'll give you Sundays off!" "I never work Sundays." Twilight Sparkle said. "I'll pay you double time!" Big Bucks said. "Triple time." Twilight Sparkle said. "Triple time?!" Big Bucks asked in shock. "Is there an echo in here?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"You're pushing me!" Big Bucks said in an angry tone. "No chow, no meow." Twilight Sparkle said in a bored tone. "Ok, ok, ok!" Big Bucks said. "Triple time!" As he pushed Twilight Sparkle and Dusk Shine together, he said "Here's your partner, he's new in town, be nice!" When Twilight Sparkle saw Dusk Shine, she growled, and said "Ah, forget it!" She tried to walk away, but Big Bucks stopped her, and said "Ah, ah, ah! A deal's a deal. Now, get over to The Pony Pictures!" He pushed her towards Dusk Shine as he snickered, and walked away. Twilight Sparkle growled as she moved away from Dusk Shine who said "Wow, you're...you're soaking wet. Is it raining outside?" As they started to leave, he said "Because it was sunny when I came in." He opened the door as he said "Oh, let me get the door for you. You know, back where I come from, you see the clouds first, and then the rain comes after it. He closed the door, but Twilight Sparkle tail got caught as she screamed in pain. She glared at him as he said "Oh, sorry." Twilight Sparkle walked away as Dusk Shine followed her, and said "Uh, miss?!"