CH X

'So, how've you been? ' asked Ash.

'I've been ok, ' I replied.

My dad shook his head and said, 'Ok? You had become a vegetable. No food, hardly any sleep, no meeting people and the list goes on. You have certainly not been ok.'

I rolled by eyes and said that he's just exaggerating. Ash looked uncertain and definitely thought dad was right.

'Anyway, we're having the ceremony the day after tomorrow. The two of you can rest and unpack, 'said mom.

They nodded and went up to their bedroom.

That day lunch was great but everyone was trying to avoid talking about Nana. Mom prepared Ash and Zara's favourite dishes for lunch and dinner and we had a grand feast.

I spent the day catching up with the two of them and they told me about their new life outside our home town. Not that we didn't talk all this while, but it's really a different thing hearing it from them in person, than over the phone.

The next day Nikki and Andrea came to my place to meet Ash and plan about our next delivery.

'Hey girls! Nikki, you're hair's long and Andy... nah you've not changed, ' said Ash, smiling.

Andrea glared and him jokingly and said, 'Don't call me that. I told you I hate it. '

'I've decided to grow my hair, ' said Nikki, with a smile.

They both gave him a hug and just then, Zara entered. Andrea left my brother and hugged her.

'Hey! It's been so long, ' said Andrea.

'Yes it has. How've you been doing? '

'Good. And you? '

She held a thumbs up and had a smile on her face.

'Read any new books? ' asked Zara.

'Not many. School's been really hectic and I've had hardly any time. '

And then they began talking books.

After some time, Ash and Zara left. They were going to roam around the place and look around. They hadn't been back home in more than a year, so they decided to do as much as they could.

The three of us meanwhile, we're going to plan in my room. This time it had to be really good. With increased security, we'll have to do even better in our "job".

'So what are we gonna deal with this time? 'asked Nikki.

'Let's take something small, like the painting that's left in the secret room,' suggested Andrea.

'Yeah, let's do that. For now, let's keep this from Ash and Zara, ' I said.

We decided to carry out our plan today. So Nikki and Andrea, stayed for dinner.

I smiled looking at everyone around the table. Everything seemed to be back to normal. Everyone around this table held Nana close to their hearts and were moving on. I don't know whether I'll be able to fully move on. I guess there's only one way to find out. And besides I have my friends and family. I'm gonna be okay.

We snuck out of the house through the back door, making sure not to wake anybody. We had already gathered everything we needed. We were making our way to the place this all started, the Central Museum.

The walk there was once again quiet. My heart was thumping loudly in my chest. This time we could actually get caught. I know we're not stealing, but the police are still looking for us.

We had almost reached the place, when Andrea stopped us. She had a finger on her lips and gestured with her head to turn back around the corner. And we quietly did as she said. We further away and then she spoke.

'They've got guards. We'll get caught. I don't think we should go ahead with this. '

I looked round the corner and made up my mind.

***