Chapter 1: Lexi's POV

*LEXI'S POV*

"5-4-3-2-1....IT'S SUMMER!" The whole senior class screamed. The day I have been waiting for is finally here. No more school, no more work, no more stupid responsibilities. It's finally summer, and its time to Party! It's kind of sad though cause i'll never be able to go to school like this EVER AGAIN...oh well. I'll live.

I grab my stuff and head out into the hallway to meet my bestfriend, Bethany Lynn (no, she's not asian). The hallways are cleared since everyone's outside going crazy. Across the hall, I see a girl wearing a white muscle tee with a red and white flannel with black shorts. "Bethany!" I scream as I walk over to her. "Hey! I was looking for you. I got afraid that you might have joined the crazies outside, then I would've never found you," Bethany says. "That would've been a mess. Hey, how about we get out of here and go to starbucks. I could really use a coffee before I have to go home and pack all night?" I suggest as I pull out my keys. "Ok, sounds good to me," Bethany agrees cheerfully.

We both start to head out to the parking lot. The hallways are very quiet, that is until we make it down to the 11th grade hall. Since they don't graduate this year and have to come back next year, they're not allowed to run out into the bus lot. That's more of a senior graduation tradition. Although they can't run out into the bus lot, they still run around rampid in the hallways and in their classrooms.

"I hope we weren't like this last year," Bethany says. "Yeah, me too. Maybe we should pick up the pace. Who knows what they're gonna do next," I grab Bethany's arm and sart to walk faster. After about 15 seconds we hear a big boom. "What in the world was that?!" Bethany turned to look behind her. "Woo baby! Them firecrackers rock!" an 11th grader appears around the corner. Without even thinking, we both start to run away from the strange firecracker scene. 

"That was weird...really weird," I say. "Yeah, it scares me to know that he'll be in the real world soon," Bethany says. We both laugh at this comment. "We better hurry up, we're losing packing time," I mention as we come close to the parking lot. 

 Finally, Bethany and I make it out of North Bay Highschool. The sky is blue with many white clouds with all sorts of shapes. The sun shines just enough to make it warm, but not kill you with the heat. "Aaaaaah, what a day. It's so beautiful," I say. "I know right! I just wish we didn't have to spend the rest of it packing for California. It's sucha nice day," Bethany replies. "Anyways, how about we meet at the Starbucks over by Ms. Janes Antiques?" I suggest. "Ok, i'll meet you there," Bethany then walks over to her car and drives off. I do the same. Once i'm on the road, I feel the need for music. So I hit the radio button and scroll throught the stations until a pleasant song comes on. 'Best Mistake' By: Ariana Grande. I can't help myself but to sing along.

*Break up

Make up

Total waste of time

Can we please make up our minds

And stop acting like we're blind?*

I start to follow along with the rap

*I guess time's wasting, tick tocking, lip locking

How can we keep the feelings fresh? How do we zip lock it?

Wear your heart up on your sleeves so watch out for pickpockets

I guess to go the distance we might need to pit stop it

Hold up, I know love could be a beach with no shore

I done count to ten, lost my temper, and went back to four

I know sometimes it's hard to realize I'm the man that you need

I had a dream we branched out started a family tree

And I feel like that everything we do is overdue

You ask why I love your mom so much 'cause she's a older you

I wish that you were happy I guess that's the one thing I should be providing

Ain't no number twos, we both ones of ones and we the oddest

Couple only humans 'cept you, you a goddess

Only lying to you when I lie you down, just being honest

When you start as friends it's hard to say you're never going back

If I'm not the one then I'm the best mistake you ever had*

************************************************************************************************************

Finally I pull into the parking lot for Starbucks. I decide to drive around to find a good, close to the entrance, spot. Some people came out of the coffee shop, and went into their car, so I quickly drive right behind them to take the spot once they have left. As soon as they do, I drive straight into the spot. I can't wait anymore. I need my Starbucks.

Once I'm parked, I hop out of the car and enter the Starbucks. As soon as I walk in, I spot Bethany over in a booth waiting for me. "Hey!" she waves over for me. "I haven't ordered yet. I decided to wait for you," Bethany says. "How thoughtful. Now, what do I owe for this kind act?" I say in a fancy british accent. "Great, then it's settled. You'll pay for the drinks for my kind act," Bethany says. She then gets up and walks over to the line. "Hey!" I complain. "What? you're the one who offered," she says with a grin on her face. 

"Next!" calls the guy at the counter. "How may I help you ladies?" He asks kindly. "Well, I'd like a grande  please," i say. "is that all for you ladies?" the gentleman asks. "yes," i answer. "That'll be a total of $9.17." I pull out a ten dollar bill out of my wallet. "Your change is-" "oh no, keep the change," i interrupt him. "Oh well, thank you. If you'd please stand to the side, your orders will be ready shortly," he says. 

Bethany and I move over to the side of the counter. "Thanks for buying," Bethany says. "Your welcome," I reply. 

"Grande White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha and Grande vanilla bean frappuccino, with two shots of rasberry," a girl calls behind the counter. "That's us," I call out. Bethany quickly grabs her drink and imediately takes a sip. I do the same. "So, what time are we gonna meet tomorrow at my house?" I ask Bethany as we both sit down in the booth we were just in.