Chapter 4 - Alliances

June 1st, xxxx, No-Man's land

     Alfred trudged through No-Man's land. No one had made any advances in the war so far, his guess was that people were deciding their plans of action, as well as recruiting allies, which is why he was out here. Alfred knew that Jokers are wild cards and are extremely powerful for the few there are.

     When Alfred finally found a small cottage, he let out a sigh of relief and smirked to himself. He walked up to the door and knocked on it. He stood there for a few seconds before the door opened. There stood Gilbert, when he saw Alfred he raised his eyebrow,

     "Alfred, what are you doing here?" Gilbert asked, crossing his arms and leaning on the doorway.

     "Your Alliance. A war has officially started between Spades, Diamonds and Hearts and I would like your help. Your power and skill would be greatly appreciated," Alfred proposed, standing up straight and keeping a mature expression. Gilbert realized how mature this conversation was going to be and closed the door in hopes that Peter wouldn't hear.

     "Why should I? I'm just one man and if I fight with you, I'll be going against my brother."

     "The same brother who abandoned you? Isn't this a perfect opportunity for revenge?" Alfred's voice became passionate as he spoke.

     "Yeah, no thanks. I don't resent Ludwig, there was nothing he could've done as he was just a prince when it happened. The evidence was stacked against me, I really couldn't have done anything. Now I really don't want to be apart of this and put the kid in danger."

     "This place is going to become hell for you two to live in, most battles will take place here."

     "This place is already hell to live in but it's our home. If things become too bad we can teleport somewhere else until it blows over for that day." As Gilbert spoke, you could hear the annoyance in his voice, he already said no, so why was Alfred still pestering him.

     "I don't think you understand the power I hold Gilbert," he chuckled darkly. "You seem very close to Peter but he seems to be the reason you aren't as violent as before." Alfred's tone was sly, he's eyes looking everywhere but at Gilbert and he had a smirk. Gilbert growled and balled his hands into fists but he quickly calmed himself.

     "Why haven't you gone to Clubs? They aren't apart of the war from what you said so go to them, not me." Gilbert watched as Alfred cringed at the mention of Clubs.

     "While it could be easy to convince Ivan considering his attachment to Yao, they are the kingdom of Luck, which can go either way, I'd rather not risk it with them," Alfred talked quickly but then went back to what he believed was important. "I see you don't want me hurting the kid though. If you don't want him hurt or worse, I suggest you join my side. Okay?" Alfred confirmed with a mockingly sweet tone.

     Gilbert would never have felt threatened by Alfred before and would've had confidence in fighting him but something felt different about Alfred's aura. He felt more dangerous and cocky, could Gilbert win against him? Probably not, would it just be easier to give in?

     "Promise me, no harm comes to Peter and you have yourself an alliance," Gilbert concluded, holding out his hand to shake. Alfred smiled at him and shook his hand.

June 1st, xxxx, Hearts

     Ludwig sat in a room with Francis, discussing things about the war. They had decided to make an alliance with each other, assuming it would be the best course of action. But now they were sitting in a meeting room, debating whether or not they should ask Club's to join them.

     "It would be better if King Ivan were to help us out," Francis said. "We're gonna need all the help we can, we can't defeat King Alfred ourselves."

     "I know but would he really agree? It seems that King Alfred didn't attack King Ivan, he must've known not to mess with him."

     "More reason to ask him. If King Alfred avoided them, it must've been for a reason, it's a good idea King Ludwig."

     "I agree with you there," Ludwig looked down at the paper in front of him. Ludwig started to write quickly asking for Ivan's help in the war. Ludwig and Francis would need all the help they could get in this war.

     Ludwig looked over to Lukas, who stood in the corner of the room with the rest of the court and held out the letter towards him. Lukas walked over and took it from him before sending the letter off with magic. If it wasn't such a dire situation, they would've done it the normal way but this was serious.

June 1st, xxxx, Clubs

     Ivan sat on his throne, Elizaveta sat at his side. Suddenly, a letter appeared in front of Ivan, who reached out and grabbed it. Elizaveta leaned on her throne to look over Ivan's shoulder and her face lit up.

     "It's from King Ludwig! I wonder what he needs?"

     "I don't know," Ivan said slowly, as he turned the letter around in his fingers and opening it. Elizaveta and Ivan read the letter together. Elizaveta gasped in surprise when she read what had happened to the two kingdoms, Ivan's eyes widened in surprise, Alfred actually did something like that, that was new.

     "We need to help them Ivan."

     "I don't know Elizaveta, I think they'd be fine without our help."

     "Ivan, they are in trouble! Alfred rules the kingdom of power, we have enough resources to help them out. They need the upper hand!" Elizaveta exclaimed, trying to convince Ivan why they should help. 

     Roderich and Elizaveta were originally from Hearts and grew up close to the royal family as they, themselves were nobles. Elizaveta felt like it was only right to help out Hearts in this situation but she knew that all the citizens in Clubs were enjoying the time of peace, it wouldn't be fair to throw them into this unexpected war that didn't even necessarily effect them yet.

     "I should ask Roderich about it, he'll know what to do," Ivan said, getting up from the throne and walking off to the ballroom where Roderich was practicing the piano.

     "What do you mean King Alfred started a war?!" Roderich exclaimed in pure outrage when Ivan had explained the situation to him.

     "That's what King Francis and King Ludwig said, but as our Jack, what do you believe is the best course of action?"

     "As much as it'll spread out resources and money, we should help them out. Hearts is where Elizaveta and I grew up and we should help them. Alfred has gone insane."

      "Tell me about it," Ivan mumbled. "I'll start writing our reply and declare war on King Alfred so he knows that we are apart of this war."

June 3rd, xxxx, Spades

     "Oh, Clubs joined," Alfred mumbled and looked at the map in front of him. "That changes a few strategies and adds a new challenge but this could be fun."