Chapter 6 - run in with mech and the Decepticons

Laney had agreed to go back to school so long as someone was close by in case something happened, which Bumblebee agreed to stay with Arcee at the school.

Now Laney was in her class with Raf listening to the teacher talk and talk and talk, some students were yawning and some fell asleep.

Until the teacher slammed a long ruler on his desk scaring the sleepy and sleeping students awake.

"I don't understand how you all find history so boring when we live by history we learn from it, be proud of it! It's what brought us to where we are now, so pay attention unless you all wish to fail your exams when they come" the teacher said hearing them all whine and complain about not wanting to fail and do summer school.

Laney softly giggled as she waited for the teacher to continue his lecture, she didn't mind history she faired pretty well in it, the only class she didn't do well in was geography and math.

When the bell rang for lunch she ran out of her Language class and out the front doors. She noticed she was the first to arrive, smiling she pulled her bag back on her shoulder and went to sit on Bumblebees hood. Humming a soft tune.

Bumblebee didn't mind letting Laney sit on his hood, he and Arcee happily listened to her hum a song. Then Jack and Raf came out Miko being the last and her facial expression made them all laugh.

As they ate on the grass Laney saw a vehicle and men looking out the windows staring at her. Shivering at their stares she hugged herself as she quickly looked down.

"Laney?" Jack asked seeing the girl get quiet and afraid.

"Hello kids how are you all doing?" A math teacher asked.

"Not good sir, something is scaring Laney" Miko said.

"What? Laney...hey what's wrong?" The man asked.

"They're here......watching me.....DONT LET THEM GET ME PLEASE!" Laney cried hugging Jack.

"What is she talking about?" The teacher asked.

"Some weird group of men are after Laney, she's been put under protective custody by a friend of my moms.....there they are!" Jack pointed to the green and black car.

No sooner were they pointed out did they quickly leave. Arcee growled as they passed. Bumblebee felt it was right to take Laney back to base. He activated his holoform and stepped out his body.

"Oh look....security must think it's time to go" Jack said softly.

Laney looked over and rushed up to Bee, hugging his holoform tightly. Bee ushered the girl inside his frame and grabbed her stuff. The teacher told the other three to go with her. So they packed up and joined Laney.

Jack hopped on Arcee and put his helmet on, the teacher waved to them and walked into the school. Miko and Raf sat in the back while Laney was curled up in the front. Both bots quick to leave before they came back.

(Half way to Base after a detour)

Miko munched on some chips she quickly bought, Raf eating his own. Laney was still quiet but then yelped as Bee swerved.

"What do you cons want?" Arcee frowned holding Jack in her servos.

"Nothing much, just hoping you'd invite us to your base is all" Starscream smirked as he and his small group laughed.

"Not gonna happen...not now not ever" Arcee said.

"To bad...Megatron wanted to see Prime" the seeker faked a sad face.

"NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" Arcee yelled.

"Sir some cars are pulling up" a vehicon said.

"They look a bit familiar" Knockout said squinting his optics a bit.

"Mech" the seeker growled.

"NO! PLEASE DONT LET THEM FIND ME!" Laney cried hearing the name.

:Arcee I can't keep her under control much longer, we have to go!: Bee said to the femme.

"I know Bee, but we can't risk them following us to the base, I'd rather the cons follow then them" Arcee said.

"What do they want with a human?" Knockout asked.

"Not sure Optimus found out but he only told Ratchet, and told us to keep close watch on Laney" Arcee said.

"You aliens ready to serve us?" A man asked.

"Not in your lifetime fleshbag!" Starscream sneered.

"Ouch, such harmful words coming from someone who helped us out before" the man mocked.

"Which was a mistake on my part" the seeker said.

"TAKE THE GIRL! KILL THE ALIENS IF YOU HAVE TO!" The man shouted.

The rest of the group opened fire on them and made their way to Bee. The scout backed up and tripped over a boulder. Laney went flying when the scout went down.

"Bee!" She yelled.

Knockout rushed over and grabbed the girl before she hit the ground. Both shared a look and Laney gasped as a bullet grazed her leg. Hissing in pain Knockout glared at the men swinging his arm out knocking them away.

"Arcee to Base we need a ground bridge and fast, and we will be having company" Arcee said into her comm links.

(Base)

Optimus welcomed the cons to the base, taking Laney from Knockout. The girl thanked him for saving her. Ratchet took Laney and held her close, glaring at the cons.

"Easy Ratchet, he did save me" Laney said now calmer than she was before.

"I still don't have to trust them! Shall I send them on their way Optimus?" Ratchet smirked when Starscream glared at him.

"No need, I've already told Megatron what happened and he will tell me when Soundwave is at their pick up point" Optimus said as he stood between the two sides.

"Shame, would have liked to send them back to the first spot, who says mech is still there?" Ratchet said.

"We can't take that chance and no one deserves to be mistreated like that by them. I wish we knew about what they have done to Breakdown before hand I would have been more than happy to help him. I'm just proud bulkhead pushed his hatred aside to help him" Optimus said looking at his wrecker.

"He didn't deserve to be cut open like that....no one does" bulkhead frowned thinking back when he saved Breakdown.

"I know Breakdown was happy you went for him bulkhead...he told me many times" Knockout smiled sadly.

"Do they have to go?" Laney asked.

"Yes...we are still at war Laney, and Megatron doesn't take kindly to traitors" Optimus said as he looked at the girl.

"Bummer....would have liked them here, you'd have more team members to help you out" Laney said.

"Maybe some day we can end this war with no more deaths" Ratchet said as he put Laney on a table.

Laney smiled, she didn't like the idea of being stacked twice by mech and then the cons, but she was happy that one saved her from getting seriously hurt. She and Miko started up their game and laughed at a joke Jack said about them.

Optimus opened the ground bridge for the cons to leave since soundwave was waiting for them. Once they all went through he shut it down. Bumblebee rubbed his lower back from when he fell, Arcee rubbed her arm where a bullet hit her.

Laney looked over at the bots quickly and frowned. She knew they'd get hurt protecting her, and she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if they died for her.

Sorry for the wait everyone got stuck on this chapter I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope to be a bit quicker with my updates on all my books.