Prologue

An angelic voice circulated from the cracked door of the washroom and into the radius of my bedroom, something I heard quite often. Boy, was I lucky. To be able to hear that every single day was a blessing and I took advantage of it, making sure the source of that intonation would never leave my side. I crept towards the washroom, using my index finger to nudge open the door and slip inside, steam engulfing me in a gaseous embrace. Behind the the shower curtain, she was. Jasmine. I didn't want to invade her privacy, instead sitting aloft the toilet seat and admiring the adept notes of harmony sticking solely to the swollen air of the steamed washroom. Customarily, I'd sing along with her if it was a song I was knew, but I didn't even have a great voice and if she was mindful of my presence, she'd become taciturn.

Suddenly, the tap was being turned and the water was shut off. A wet arm reached out to grab the towel and instead grabbed a fistful of my hair, pulling me up. She froze, releasing me and sighing deeply. "Niall." She chuckled quietly, her laugh like music to my ears. I could feel my face becoming hot as she finally groped the fabric of her towel and seconds later stepped out of the shower with it wrapped beneath her underarms.

"I couldn't help myself." I admitted, shuffling towards the dampness of her entirety. "You always say that." She hissed, brushing past me and into the bedroom, the closet door was pulled open and she dropped her towel, leaving me with a great view of her butt. I chuckled admiringly, walking closer to her and squeezing it, leaving it red in the wake of my rough grip.

She squealed, only to fall into my chest and giggle in a winsome fashion, her wet hair sticking to the exposed skin of my neck. I breathed into her damp skin, holding her hips flush against my crotch. Her naked body was pressed against my clothed one, increasing the beating of my heart. I chortled profoundly And suddenly our laughter died down and I had a dying urge to press my lips to her wet neck and suck tenderly just to send her into a lewd rage. "Alright, alright. I've got a show tonight at the pub, and I can't miss it. So unless you want me to never succeed my goals in becoming a singer, then go ahead and undress yourself mister." She taunted, urging herself beyond my arms and starting towards the closet once more.

I loved her humor. I loved her.

Inhaling a deep breath, I combed my fingers through my hair and shut my eyes. Jasmine was always on my mind, though I was the one to leave her. It was just too much...too much to handle. She was always off on a new route, attempting to start something new, to become something big. She wanted to be famous, a singer, and to travel the world, have lots of fans, make music. It never happened. She'd come crying to me in the most exhaustive convulsion, pulling at her hair and demanding for sex. Saying she needed love, something to numb her anguish. I knew she loved me, it was just starting to seem as if I was her paradise, her escape to pleasure when she came home after a suspected rejection. "Niall, I just need it. I want you, and I want you now. You complete me, I love you." She'd plead and plead. I'd give in, gratifying her for hours, making love to her. It all seemed to fall apart though. It seemed routine. It didn't feel like love anymore.

So I left. I told her how I felt, how this wasn't working, I apologized, I tried kissing her, wiping her tears, telling her I still loved her. She brushed me off, ranting on about how I was all she had. Ok, I said. Ok. Ok. Ok.

I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I knew that if you love someone, you'll help them recover after damaging experiences and help them when they were going through a rough patch in life, but I felt used. I felt like I was only needed when she wanted to suppress her emotions. I wasn't going back. I didn't need this. My head was hurting, all this thinking. Suddenly I was whipped from my reoccurring trance and my lips were slowly met with warm familiar ones. Gently and studiously, the lips parted and in slipped there tongue. My previous thoughts had caused me to pull away, only to be met with honeyed eyes, glazed with worry. "Ni." Dakota confided, resting her palm on my cheek. "I kept saying your name. You were day dreaming. You're starting to do that a lot, are you okay?" She murmured, dropping her hand from my face. Dakota always kissed me when I wasn't paying attention. Normally for me, I'd get annoyed, but her lips were like delicate flower petals that I'll never get used to. "I'm fine." I breathed, nodding slightly. Not really, I kind of miss my ex-girlfriend and I want to hear her voice again. I smiled reassuringly, pecking her lips quickly before getting up and starting towards the kitchen. I met Dakota about 4 months ago at the grocery store when we both reached for the same bag of cheese puffs, stereotypical, I know. We settled it by sharing each other's numbers and getting together on a movie date, accompanied by a bowl of cheese puffs. I typically just thought it would be a great way to move on and forget about jasmine, but somehow became latched onto Dakota.

Jasmine was mine for over three years. We met our junior year, and I knew she was the one. Except I was wrong.

Eventually I had to break it off. I had hope in her at first, to become a singer and all. She had such an amazing voice, I loved it. I loved her so much. I believed that she would become a famous singer...apparently not. That's where things became hectic.

She tugged at my jeans while my shoulders were parallel to hers against the wall. Her nimble fingers fumbled with my button and zipper. I helped her, unzipping them and sliding them down my legs. She whimpered as my fingers grazed over the seam of her panties. "Please." She grumbled, tilting my head up with her lips and tracing my neck with them, leaving behind red blotches. Our breaths were rushed, wild, inconsistent. "I love you." She pleaded, trembling as I gripped beneath her thighs and picked her up, her back still pinned to the wall. Her lips met mine in a sloppy, quick kiss as I carried her to the bed, plopping her down and tugging at her panties. They were drawn down to her ankles and slowly I kissed up her thighs, finding my lips at the base of her core. Her fingers coiled into my hair as she threw her head back. "I love you too." I muttered against her skin.