Past

TW: Fighting. Yelling. Crying. Sad bois. Angry bois. If there's anything else, tell me.

-Vienna, Austria-
-No Where in Particular-

Roman and Virgil led the others toward the park, walking as quickly as possible so that no one passed out but they still got there on time. Soon, they saw a light up ahead and relaxed.

Deceit's bare hands were in front of Thomas, small flames covering them as the other nearly stuck his face into it. Dexter and Ivory chatted quietly, while Mark and Nick were sitting on the edge of the dock. Remy buried his face in Dee's shoulder, humming contently.

"So, broke our code already?" Virgil questioned the formerly cursed hero. Dee rolled his eyes.

"Oh, shut up. You broke it ages ago."

"Hm. Got me there."

Roman looked between them, then jumped, quickly lunging forward and pulling Thomas back. The other blinked sleepily. "What... happened?"

"You nearly cooked you face," he answered, holding the youngest back.

"Ohh... Fun..." Thomas replied slowly, leaning into Roman.

"Joan, Talyn, there you two are. Been keeping an eye on Dee like I asked?" Dexter inquired, playing with Ivory's hair.

"Actually, he's been looking out for us." Talyn nodded, Joan still panting.

"Really? Well, then." Dexter seemed bored as he looked back at his... partner?

"Are you two dating?" Remus asked before he could stop himself. His eyes widened in fear and he hid behind Emile, who chuckled.

"Mmm..." Dexter glanced at him sharply. "Why does it matter?"

"It doesn't-" Remus squeaked. Roman quickly cut in.

"My apologies. I believe what my brother was trying to say is that you two were just very cute together. I'm sure he meant no harm. Right, Remus?"

"Y-YUP."

"Ohhh. You two are brothers. That makes sense..." Dexter studied Roman. "He looks kinda like you, Ivory..."

"What? No." Ivory came back to earth and looked up at him. "He resembles you."

"Uhhh... no?"

The two had a short disagreement that ended in them both staring at Dee, who was trying to cover his giggles by hiding his face in Remy's hair. "Deceit," Dexter snapped, "What's so funny?"

"N-nothing. Patton just told quite a f-unny j-joke," he said.

"Patton... who's that?"

"Him," Patton chirped, pointing at Logan. Logan looked at the two in shock.

"Tell us the joke," Ivory barked. Then added in a sweet tone, "Please."

"Uh. Of course. Um... why was six afraid of seven?"

"... Really? This one? Deceit, I expected your humor to be so much more refin-"

"I suppose it would be because seven is a prime number and prime numbers can be very intimidating."

"..." Dexter froze, and after a minute, a wide grin came over his face. "I... I applaud you, Patton."

"Thank you."

-A Few Miles Later-

They walked through the prairie and Dexter glanced over at Dee. "Hey, didn't you and Virgil used to be partners?"