Memories (Wax)

The school grounds was like a zoo the moment the bell rings. Students swarm the once silent hallways as they talk about how boring or eventful their day was. That's usually and normally what they do everyday.

But, 'usual' and 'normal' wasn't in Will Byers' vocabulary. Instead of holding a girl's hand like boys his age mostly do, he's holding his sketchpad as he sat alone under the tree not far away from the school grounds.

He sighed upon seeing the clusters of students around him while he has no one but himself. It's almost the end of the first semester, yet he still hasn't made any friends at his new school. He's Will Byers after all. The shy, quiet....'queer' and 'gay' kid who is a freak. He's every school's plague. His timid nature doesn't help either.

He tried to start from scratch here at this new environment and new people who knows nothing about his past but it always seem to follow him wherever he goes.

The grip he has on his pencil tightened at the assumption people always make about him anywhere he goes. It's always the same. But, here it's worse.

'Queer!'

'Gay!'

'Faggot!'

'Get away! We don't want your disease.'

Everyday, they, the freaking bullies, tell him that. Well, more like scream that at his face as they punch, shove, and sometimes kick him. And he did nothing. He wouldn't even stand a chance with his physique and he always tells himself that 'when you add water to the fire, it either will die or burn more alive'. All he did was try to avoid them, one of the reasons he's in this secluded area where the tree is. His mother had already seen the bruises left by those retards and it took a lot of effort to cover them up with lies. Lies such as 'I fell off my bike' and he even went to the extent of absurdity with 'I tripped and rolled over the rocks' and 'I have very sensitive skin'. His mother definitely was a stupid woman, Will knew that so it was no surprise when she insisted on driving him to and from the school, playing along his 'falling off my bike every day' crap.

Will suddenly felt even more nervous than when he is at school which is a lot of anxiety at the thought of the students, especially the bullying bastards, seeing Will the Freaky Faggot get picked up by his mom. He always goes to school very early that a few people are there. But after school hours are a different thing, he's probably gonna attract unwanted attention. I'm so gonna be dead tomorrow.

He could run home but his paranoid mom is gonna get more suspicious. 'But what do I have to hide anyway? I haven't done anything wrong', a part of him thought.

'It's because you're afraid that your family's not gonna treat you normally again if they found out how abnormally seen you are at school.' Another part of him shot back.

Frustrated, Will groaned and shut his eyes tight, willing the mood killing thoughts to go away and hide at the back of his head.

It's times like this where his longing for his friends back in Hawkins seem to amplify more that it's painful to just even go to school, a school where he expects to see Lucas or Mike or anyone in the Party but end up letting himself down. He'd do anything to trade the bullies here for the demogorgon.

But his demons wouldn't settle for the heart warming memories of his friends who protect him from bullies. That summer night just seems to make its way back to his head every freaking time, adding more to the evil he fights every second.

'It's not my fault you don't like girls!'

Will could still remember that raw, excruciating pain he felt when his own bestfriend, the one he thought to be the one who understands him the most, spat that lie everyone believes at his face. That was the last straw, he thought as he rode his bike in the rain. He expected that summer would make everything the same as how it was before. The Party would spend hours in Mike's basement trying to perfect their campaign. Then, they will just talk about nerdy stuff until they all pass out. But, things never go the way he always want. It is his curse.