Chapter 23: The Pain in Our Eyes

~[Y/n]'s POV~

Of course, Jeff followed me all the way home. He was doing that same lost puppy thing he did the night that he threw his knife at my camera. He had his hoodie over his head and hands in his pocket. He didn't say a word, and I was perfectly fine with that. When we got to my house I got inside and quickly turned around. I slammed the door in his face and quickly locked it. I knew his next move would be my back door. I quickly ran to the back door and locked it as well, right as he got to it. He tugged on the knob and seemed to glare at me, but he had his hoodie covering his face, so I couldn't tell.

I watched as he looked upward. I was confused, but soon realized my bedroom window! We both thought the same thing, because the second he looked back at me, we both bolted. I quickly ran up the stairs and slammed my door open. Right as I reached the window, Jeff had already made it there and was madder than ever. I gasped in shock but didn't have time to run. He kicked my stomach and I tumbled backward. "You know..." He ripped his hoodie from his head and ran a hand through his hair. "You always seem to surprise me, babe." He said. There was a sudden clench in my chest. Babe...? Why did that one single word impact me so much? I placed a hand against my chest, trying to calm my breathing since he literally kicked the air from my lungs.

I coughed and forced myself off the ground. I gave Jeff a tired look, but I wasn't gonna give up that easily. I darted to my bedside table, where my pocket knife was. As I tugged the drawer open, Jeff grabbed my waist and tugged me away from it, causing me to rip the drawer out, sending the objects inside of it flying across my room. I tried biting Jeff's shoulder, but just like before, he moaned in response. I groaned in disgust and kneed him between the legs. That always seemed to work. He groaned in pain and dropped me. I frantically scanned the room for the knife. My eyes finally landed on it. It was under my bed...Oh, sh*t...

I quickly ran past Jeff and slid underneath the bed. I grabbed the pocket knife, but then Jeff grabbed me. He wrapped his hands around my ankles and ripped me from beneath the bed. He flipped me over, but I was ready. "Go to sleep, you insane b*stard!" I yelled and rammed the knife into his shoulder. He groaned and stumbled backward. I sat up, leaning against my bed-frame. I watched as he placed his hands over his face. It took me a moment to realize he was crying...I furrowed my brows in shock. But then I realized he wasn't crying, he was laughing...

I thought that I had seen Jeff's crazy side, but I guess I had only scraped the surface. Jeff slowly removed his right hand from his face and slid it to his shoulder. He then grabbed the knife that was plunged in his shoulder and ripped it from his arm. Blood spilled from the wound, but he seemed completely unfazed by it. I stared in complete horror. He smiled widely, causing his scarred cheeks to reopen and blood to poor out. He chuckled like the mad man he was and quickly fell into a fit of laughter. "F*ck, [Y/n]!" He laughed. "It seems like everything you do is just a huge turn on for me...." He said seductively. He licked the blood from the pocket knife and smirked. "Ugh, I remember that night. When I bit you and tasted your blood for the first time." He said as he slowly walked towards me.

"I remember I couldn't get enough!" He chuckled. "It was so thick and rich...~" He added. I stood up and slowly backed away from him as he was only a couple feet away from me. I ran out of room and soon my legs hit the bed-frame, causing me to fall back onto the bed. Oh, no! I've been in this situation before. I quickly got back on my feet and tried to run away, but he wrapped his arm around my waist and slammed me back on the bed. "Oh, no, no...Not this time." He said as he wiggled his index finger at me. "J-Jeff, please stop. You're scaring me." I whimpered as I tried to back away from him. "I know...that's the best part..." He said lowly. His eyes were dark and he had that lustful look in his eyes again.

"Jeff please, please stop. I'm serious." I cried. Tears spilled from my eyes and I began to shake. "This time, no interruptions." He said as he grabbed my waist and forced me beneath him. "Jeff, no..." I cried and tried to push him off of me. He pulled his knife from his pocket and taunted me with its sharp blade. He pressed the flat end of the blade against my cheek and I sobbed. "Keep struggling, I love it." He whispers and leans down. He kisses my neck and moves lower. He removes his knife from my face and slips it beneath my shirt. He slowly rips the shirt upward and the sound of fabric tearing filled my ears. "Jeff, please...." I begged. My breathing was rapid and my eyes were completely blurred with hot tears.

Jeff tore the shirt from me and began to kiss my breasts. He slid his knife up my stomach and hooked it beneath my bra. "Jeff, please, please don't." I sobbed. I tried to fight him off of me, but he was too strong. As he slowly began to cut the bra, I knew I needed to say something that would throw him off. I was running out of time. "Jeff, I love you!" I yelled. He stopped and looked up at me. I whimpered. "A-And if you love me, you'll stop. B-Because you're hurting me and people don't h-hurt those they love..." I cried. Jeff seemed taken back and stared at me in shock. He slowly let me go and crawled back away from him. He stared at me with hurt eyes. "I-I...[Y/n], I'm so sorry..." He whispered. I clasped my hands over my mouth and shook my head in complete agony, after what had just happened.

I tugged the blanket over my half-naked body and whimpered. "Baby..." Jeff said worriedly as he reached his hand out to me. I flinched and yelped. I noticed he faltered slightly and his gaze shifted to my arm, which was now bleeding since I had popped a stitch. His mouth parted. "Did I do that?" He questioned in fear. "O-Oh, God." He panicked and quickly stood up. He rushed to my bathroom and dug around for something. He soon came back with hydrogen peroxide and bandages. He hesitantly took my arm and unwrapped the bloody bandage. He tossed it aside and stared at the wound. He seemed frozen. There was a gleam in his eyes as he stared at the blood. "J-Jeff...?" I said worriedly. He snapped out of it and looked at me. "Here." He said and shoved the fresh bandage in my mouth.

"This is gonna hurt." He warned as he readied the bottle. I whimpered. Jeff slowly tilted the bottle, allowing the fluid to run out onto my arm. I screamed in pain as it bubbled around my wound. I bit down on the fabric in my mouth and groaned. Afterward, Jeff took the bandage from my mouth and wrapped my arm. Once he was done, I pulled my knees to my chest and stared at Jeff in horror. He made eye contact with me and noticed my terrified state. He looked away and stared down at the ground. "Killer mode..." He muttered. I furrowed my brows in confusion. He could tell I was confused and explained himself. "That's what we call it. Us killers." He explained. "K-Killer mode...?" I repeated. He nodded. "When something sets us off, it's like we...change and we can't control what we do." He tries to explain, but I wasn't understanding.

"Who's 'we'?" I asked. "There's more killers around here than you think. That's why I branded you. I'm sorry, but it's the only way I could protect you." He whispers. I was beyond confused. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I just...lost it." He apologizes. I looked away from him. "Jeff...?" I called out. He looked at me with sad eyes. "What were you going to do to me.....?" I asked. I needed to know. No matter how insane he is, I could never imagine him doing something so horrible to me. He stared into my eyes with scared eyes but didn't answer. "Jeff...?" I repeated. He looked away from me in shame. "Jeff, look at me," I ordered. He turned his gaze back at me. "What...were you going...to do?" I asked slowly. He opened his mouth but seemed to be frozen.

After a long pause, he finally broke the silence. "You know what...." Was all he could say. The look in his eyes said everything. A tear fell from my eye. "Get out," I muttered, barely above a whisper. He looked at me with pain in his eyes. "Get out!" I screamed at him. He stood up and walked to my window. He gave me one last look before leaving. I pulled my pillow to my chest and began sobbing into my pillow. He was going to rape me...