five

dead. you were dead?

someone calmly expressed that you were dead but i laughed heartily. they surely had been mistaken.

my questions were ignored, so i resorted to reading your notebook, i am sorry. guilt was drilled in me when i opened the first fragile page, because i remembered how much you adored it.

inside were so many entries to your diary, i assume. each day marked and almost every entry filled up a page or even more.

i spent hours reading, it took and blew me away. your writing was beautiful. dates started from january of two thousand fourteen but came to a halt on february second of two thousand eighteen.

confusion. i was confused why you had stopped writing, until i read the last page.

february 2nd, 2018

i saw someone yesterday, and i was mesmerized by her blonde hair and pouty lips. sadly, i was taken away before i could've said my greetings.

i was determined to find her, and luckily for me - i did today. i brought the chocolate cookies i had baked for my birthday, and passed them out. i thought she would've liked them too; she did.

she ate every piece happily, smudging it across her mouth. i still didn't catch her name but i knew she was something different. way different.

her smile made my life here a lot better, she made me laugh. i haven't laughed in years. i was grateful i had met her. so grateful.

i have talked with her for hours and hours, my heart was full. i met her today and it was a shame.

i had to leave tomorrow.

but for once, i think i've fallen in love. i never knew i would be one to fall under such cliché categories, like love at first sight.

but i think i love her.

thinking back, i definitely love her.

i glanced at my fringes and frizzy hair, from the lack of care and treatment. it had to been about me, or so i thought, so i hoped.

subconsciously, i cried before someone tapped my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. she told me it had been a year since your latest entry.

i couldn't understand. why did that matter?

i just wanted to see you again.

⠀⠀