2144ad - A poetic story

This is sci-fi just clarifying, hope you get something from this glimpse into my imagination, God willing.

_________________________________________________

I gaze at the sky wondering if the constellation of bright shooting stars is natural or not. Across the faint Milky Way down they fall, then flaring bright they stall. Loitering over the rolling grassy hills speckled with shrubbery hundreds of meters away. Touchdown, seven strange stars nestled in the ground-hugging mist of early day. All this happening with a faint noise between a hum and a purr. Nothing stirs, yet seven building-sized metallic objects reflect. I stalk like I am avoiding a predator, through the tall blades. Against my instinctive urge to preserve myself I grab curiosity from my inner shelf and run with it. A history lesson, the world has turned upside down, the old order is nowhere around. What are these newcomers? Traversing the heavens for God knows the risk to this fresh start post-apocalypse. There are two moons in the sky. The new one just as bright but smaller, stranger and much closer. It's alive and lights like glinting droplets or cookie crumbs release to drop through Terran air, angels of metal.

I'm more excited than confused, while some are losing their minds and their hope I'm cautiously amused. We are all on the same playing field again and ironically the last ended up being the first. This cool tropical Isle is safer, even bigger you see, with rivers and lakes where deserts used to be. One least dependant on the System, for the most part, was the least hurt victim. Natures trembling, the seizures of the Sun's strange thrashing cleansed. Now, are these visitors another plague? a test? other victims pressed? Traversing the heavens for God knows the risk to this fresh start post-apocalypse. At 100 meters tall, alloys of steel and titanium, a stark contrast to rolling hills. All in eyes a feast to the cranium.

I'm nearer, and these are starships of some kind obviously. They're apparently fit for a company with a standard human body. Actually, now that I see everything, the crafts in front of me don't seem to be inhabited by any being. A gift? A lift? What's left of earth's farthest voyagers? Traversing the heavens for God knows the risk to this fresh start post-apocalypse. Three more 'stars', faint, so far away, zoom from visiting moon to the sunrise, another islands noon.

Someone darts from behind me, pushing me out of their way before I could see properly. Grasper shouted,
"It's mine!" in a strange accent, but sadly reaching the closest one, he is smitten to decent. A strange fire burnt him from within... I pause and pray. I begin, Lord I don't want to be jerked and served in my yard clothes this day. Then the door opens...
"Have mercy" I whisper. The inside shows a glimmer, a soft defused light. Minimal, but artistic thought and intentional design are visible. I get this strong feeling that I'm safe, I'm supposed to be here. Should I step forward without fear? Traversing the heavens for God knows the risk to this fresh start post-apocalypse. Then I see a name, my town's title shimmering like hot gold just within the door, letters in a thin neon red frame.

It's for us, a gift from people above the sky has fallen like manna onto Earth's shuffled crust. Are we free, can it be that we can be restored to what was before? No, even better, learning from this world war against nature that thankfully was lost. The cost was an incomplete reset. The reward was balance, community and cohesion set. Whenever groups disagree, incompatible to conformity, they just form their own community. There is a constant trickle of new ability and technology. These are manmade, some group far away from ancient flight must have thought to shine opportunity bright. Thank God, supreme destiny has been worked seen through my sight. Traversing the heavens for God knows the risk to this fresh start post-apocalypse. Familiar songs grace my ear of love, grace and victorious stanza, remixed in an otherworldly genre. - Ryan Gibbons

A new section will be published in two days!!!! 3 new poems.