Insecurity

It was a beautiful day, the two heroes Eijirou Kirishima; Red Riot and his lover Katsuki Bakugou; Ground Zero were getting ready for a day of villian ass kicking, it has been pretty steady, villians causing minor trouble it did irritate Katsuki that there was no action, he did hope something big will happen today.

They were patrolling the city, everyone asked for photos and autographs Eijirou was more than happy to do it, Katsuki just grunts and does it to get the people to leave him alone. It was calm till an explosion was heard in an apartment they ran to the building and saw a villian with bombs in his hands, it seemed he can make bombs, they come out of his skin already lit, he throws more bombs, everything was getting destroyed and walls crumbling. Eijirou yelled" Ground Zero! We need to find any people that might still be here!" Katsuki scuffs" I know that Riot! Go!! I'll distract this bastard just hurry!" Eijirou was hesitant to leave Katsuki to face this villian alone but he ran and went to find civilians hoping there weren't much. After making sure that civilians were safe and outside, other heroes were coming to the scene to help secure it and keep other people back who want to record the fight. Eijirou ran back to where Katsuki and the villian what he saw made his blood run cold; Katsuki was on the floor, face down, one arm up and the other by his side and bloody the villian laughing" that pathetic hero just came right at me, what an idiot, how can this person be a hero?" Eijirou glares and ran the villian punches him hard he then crouches over Katsuki, he activates his unbreakable; hardening his whole body even his eyes and teeth as much as possible, he looked badass and a monster but people loved his unbreakable form as it was so cool and powerful, his left arm over Katsuki digging into the concrete, the other up, he growls" he's the best hero ever!! I'll make you pay for hurting him!" His red eyes looked like they were glowing as he glares at the man.

*time skip*

In the hospital Eijirou got patched up while Katsuki was laying in bed with his hands bandaged because of him overusing his quirk and caused blisters and burns, he was patched up to thankfully only his hands suffered but they'll heal over time. Eijirou was sitting beside Katsuki's bed, holding his hand" I'm sorry Katsuki... I should have been quicker... if I can't save you... how can I save the people here...? Am I even a good hero..?" He starts tearing up. He thought about his old self, how he remembered that his quirk was not flashy or useful just good with defense not attacking, he remembered his high school classmates telling him he could never be a hero with a lame quirk like his and when some upperclassmen bullied some students he couldn't even move as he was pretty scared to go against people as he was still learning how to use his quirk. He was insecured about his quirk and really believed he couldn't be a hero with a lame quirk like his. It hurt knowing Katsuki got hurt because he couldn't hurry back to him" I'm sorry Katsuki..." he cries silently. Katsuki woke up later on and looked around saw he was in the hospital, he sat up slowly, looked at his bandages hands" damn it..." he looked to his left and saw Eijirou sleeping in the chain, his head resting on his knees he noticed dry tear lines. He frowns wondering what made Eijirou cry, by the looks of him and Eijirou they didn't suffer life threatening injuries. He reached over and shook him gently" Hey Eijirou wake up" Eijirou groans and opens his eyes and looked up saw Katsuki awake. He immediately got up and hugged Katsuki being careful of the IV" oh Suki!! I'm so glad you're ok! You scared me when I saw you unconscious and hurt. I knew I shouldn't have left you and I'm sorry" Katsuki sighs" it's fine I told you to leave me to look for any civilians that might have been in the building." Eijirou sighs" I know but I should have been quicker... if I can't save my lover then what kind of man and hero am I...?" "Hey what's with all this doubt coming from? I'm alive a few bruised and cut but this is nothing" he said scuffing. Eijirou rubs his arm" I know but still I should have came quicker, I keep thinking if I came any later you would be..." he bit his lip not wanting to think of Katsuki dead. Katsuki sighs, taking Eijirou's hands in his bandage ones" shut up idiot, listen we all get hurt and we can't always have each other's backs, we need to save people's lives before ours. That what makes us heroes, you are a great hero, you protected a lot of people from harm thanks to your hardening quirk, you are unbreakable, strong, and manly" Eijirou stares at his boyfriend and then starts tearing up again and hugs Katsuki" thank you Katsuki, you're the best, I love you so much, I'll keep doing my best to save the people of this city" "you better Shitty Hair" Katsuki smirks as he grips onto Eijirou's hands.