Chapter-6 Shadows

Leo and Bastet watched Eric change from clothes to armor. Bastet was used to seeing Eric walk around half naked, which made it easier to ignore him. She continued to wash the dishes as Leo cut potatoes. Eric has already told them that he won't be eating at home tonight, hence they will have to get someone to eat the extra food.

"Don't you dare do anything while I'm gone." Eric said, as he ran out of the house.

"Food." Bastet said.

"Wait." Leo replied.

Bastet rolled her eyes, Leo cooks really slow, his cooking skills were good, However, he is too slow.

Knock on the door interrupted her chain of thoughts, as she went to open the door expecting Eric, as he often forgets one thing or the other.

"Oh, hi." Bastet said. " Why you here?"

"Get ready." Raiton said. " Shadows are called for.."

"Ah." Bastet exclaimed, looking at Leo and back.

She sighed and nodded. She knew what she was getting into, when she signed up. She ran to Leo's room to change into her battle robe, as Leo kept on cooking the rolls.

Bastet sat on the only chair in the town hall basement. Salamander was playing with a fireball, making the shadows in the room dance. That ball was the only other source of light except two lanterns, on the opposite walls. Daphnaie walked in, followed by Dayson and Minerva. Salamander greeted them silently, with his signature smile, as Daphnaie created a bench for them to sit on.

"Are you not supposed to be on a goblin hunt, or something?" Snake asked, his voice sounding deeper than usual, in the empty room.

"I do." Salamander said, smiling." Snake, Hawk, Rouge."

"So, why are we here?" Rouge asked.

"You have to get potion, from the red elf." Salamander said. "Goblin wars, makes it dangerous to send only one or two people."

"Who will be leading?" Snake asked. "You and Eric are supposed to go with Hunting party. Aren't you?"

"You will have to do it today." Salamander said, pointing towards Rouge. "Unless someone has a better suggestion."

Bastet looked at everyone else for a moment, and shook her head. Rouge is the oldest and more reliable than others in the party, and lack of opposition made it clear everyone shares her views.

"Cool." Salamander said. "Grace will be replacing Eric as the scout."

"Hi." Grace said, from the far end of the room, startling everyone. "I am from Salamander's squad, I am a scout with ice powers."

Her voice had so much excitement and curiosity that Bestet almost forgot that, She is a silencer.

"Now back to business." Salamander said. "You will leave through the Big Gate, southwest one."

"We Know the path." Hawk interrupted. "But why big gate? All of us can Jump over the walls."

"You can." Salamander replied. " But because of royal knights presence, we are not taking any risks. Officially you all are supposed to be going till Lakekeep and checking for ambushes."

"So, we have to avoid your hunter party, and forest monsters, get the potion, and secure the road." Rouge said, shaking his head.

"You got it." Salamander said, as he walked out laughing at a joke only he knows.

"Standard formations." Rouge said, stretching as he lead everyone outside. "If anyone needs to stock up on potions or get extra stuff, then get that as we pass the town center. We leave in 10 minutes."