one, vivid memories.

CHAPTER ONE, VIVID MEMORIES

CHAPTER ONE,
VIVID MEMORIES

STEVE HARRINGTON. it was a name with a somewhat deep meaning, yet it was bitter sound when it rolled off the boys tongue only so often that it became foreign to him. he wanted it to become foreign to the point where his memories of him would vanish completely, to take away all the torment and heartache he had put himself through.

the two boys were inseparable. they became friends way before they had the capability of counting to twenty and had practically grown up in each-others houses and skins. they were, in many ways, inextricable. as young boys, they used to have endless amounts of sleepovers and would even go to the extents of tricking their parents into allowing one another to stay over, even on school nights where they would barely get three hours of sleep and would wake up with instant regret.

at merely the age of fourteen, steve had begun to distance himself from benjamin and by the growing age of fifteen they had become nothing but acquaintances, neither of them knowing what the other was doing or where they were. the only contact they had were the beautiful, yet cold christmas and birthday cards which were often given days later than they were intended to.

benjamin had decided, after a long wait of hope, that the sun had set on his friendship with steve and he longed to have it back. to have the feeling of being loved back. which brings me to the deep, dark secret benjamin had been hiding. after having barley turned twelve, the boy had harboured feelings for his long term bestfriend and was stunned. he pushed them away and thought that he'd get rid of them, but they kept coming back until he decided he couldn't do anything about them.

benjamin aleksander van dijk was bisexual ( his preference for the same gender often throwing him off guard ). he was afraid, so afraid that he kept it a secret for so long to the point where it broke him everyday. to make the matter worse, the boy he was falling for was straight and would never reciprocate his feelings. but that's just what he thought, and not what he knew.

benjamin placed himself out and decided on making new friends, better friends that would not ditch him for reasons unknown. his group was small, only consisting of four people that were scattered in his classes. he enjoyed seeing them everyday and having people to confide his feeling to, but they weren't steve. he didn't feel the connection with them that he did with steve. steve was all he could think about, he wondered around his mind all the time and drove him to near insanity.

the boy didn't know that steve was in the same place as him, and he would probably never know until a fateful night in the year of 1984...

—————

ok so i wasn't exactly planning on writing anymore stories but, as soon as this plot popped up i had to write it. sorry for how short it is, i was rushing because i honestly can't wait to continue writing this.

next chapter won't be a backstory and it'll get us right into the present day for them

— ruby 💗