1.

Part 1:

Demi's POV

My holiday had been great at the start, Bora Bora, my boyfriend, away from the paps. Until we broke up.

Flashback

"Demi, why can't you see this isn't working, we're not working!" Wilmer shouted at me

"Why? We're fine, I promise you I just still have a lot of stress from work and everything, I'll be okay when I start to relax" I cried back

"You say this every time Demi and it never happens, we're OVER!" He screamed back at me before storming out and I guess he went back to LA.

End of flashback

I had finished my holiday, but I was lonely, and I felt totally unloved. All that time I spent alone, night after night laying in a cold, empty bed.

I had thought a lot about what I was going to do now I was back in LA, and the result of my thoughts was adoption. What better way of finding love than adopting a child who would be craving love and attention? My mom and dad thought it would be a great way to show my independence and responsibility and would get Wilmer off my mind.

I woke up, it was a horrible day, raining and windy. Not the best way to start possibly the best day of my life, adopting my little baby. After I had dressed, I did my makeup and ate breakfast. I could feel myself getting more and more excited by the minute, I couldn't wait any longer I had to leave.

I drove for about an hour before I saw the adoption center, 'Sunnyside Girls Adoption Center' it sounded nice enough. I parked the car and walked up the path to the door.

"Hello" a woman with grey hair greeted me inviting me inside

"Hi, I'm here to adopt a little girl, we spoke on the phone my names Demi"

"Ahh yes, my names Mrs Brown. Nice to meet you let me just go and grab all the girls and then you can pick the one you want" I thanked her and she went off gathering up the girls. They all stood in a long line with their hands behind their backs. I talked to some of them, but only one caught my eye, she was small every which way height,weight etc and brown flowing hair and the most beautifulest big chocolate brown eyes.

"Hey sweetie" I said softly

"Uhh Demi, I need to talk to you about Melody" mrs Brown tapped me on the shoulder pulling me into a side room. Melody, a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.

"Well, I don't know if Melody's what your looking for she's quiet and shy and acts much younger than she is entering headspace meaning she needs changing and breast feeding and she's very dependent on people she gets attached to"

"Okay" was my answer. I didn't care, she was the one I wanted despite any problems she may have.

"Okay?, you're okay with that? You're willing to adopt her?" Mrs Brown asked seeming astonished

"Yes, now where are the adoption papers so I can take my baby home?" I asked opening the door

Mrs brown lead the way to her office where I signed the papers.

"Thank you" she sighed "no one ever wants poor Melody she has been through a lot her parents died and the one time someone did adopt her they abused her. One last thing before you go, you will need to take these pills to ensure you have enough milk to feed Melody" she handed me the pack and I thanked her.

I went out to meet Melody and saw her sat with a stuffed teddy bear talking to herself quietly. She was only ten yet she acted so much younger.

"Sweetheart is ok if I take you home?" She looked up her brown eyes glistening. She nodded and put her arms up for me to carry her. I picked her up and sat her on my hip, she was as light as a feather. We packed all her things into a bag and went to my car. I put her in the back but she made little whining noises for me, my heart melted "you wanna sit in the front with me?" I asked

"Yes please mommy" she replied. Mommy, she called me mommy my heart filled with complete happiness. She sat in the front but fell asleep very quickly.

When we arrived home I lifted her out and put her on the couch while I grabbed her bag. When I came back, I heard crying coming from the living room in hurried in to find Melody curled up crying her eyes out.

"Ssshh, sshh baba it's ok Mommys here, it's ok" I stroked her head, and laid her across my lap. She calmed down a little before she snuggled into my chest, obviously ready for some food.

"Momma milky" she said resting her hand on my boob

"Baby, I'm sorry mommy can't do that yet until she's taken some of the special medicine" I rocked her back and forth, not caring where her hand was if she was comfortable with it there then she could have it there. She began whimpering slightly.

"Hey why don't we get dressed into our pyjamas and order some pizza and snuggle together and watch a film?" I suggested. She lifted her head and nodded. I carried her upstairs into my bedroom with her bag and sat her on my bed. I opened the bag and rummaged through to find a baby onesie, because even though she was 10, she was so very tiny.

"Baby come here to mommy so she can change you" I opened my arms and she ran into them. I began up changing her until I saw she was wearing a diaper.

"Baba are you dry?" I asked pointing to it

"No mommy" she said frowning

"Hey it's ok, all you have to do is say" I stroked her face and laid her down In the bathroom. I took off her dirty diaper and made sure she was all clean before putting a dry one on her and dressing her in a onesie. When she was done she went and snuggled on my bed, she looked super cute laying there hugging my pillows obviously liking my smell.

When the pizza had arrived, we sat together on the couch and I put on the Lion King and fed Melody as well as feeding myself. She snuggled into me after eating and fell asleep across my lap. I had taken one of the pills when I ordered the pizza so hopefully breast feeding could start tomorrow. I tidied up and then carried Melody up with me to bed. When I got in next to her she automatically grabbed hold of me stirring slightly in her sleep, but just to make sure she didn't wake up I rubbed circles on her back until I fell asleep.