10 - Stars Above

There was a discomfort in Kit's behind, his back along with his waist was aching nonstop. Ming really worked him up. He woke up from an incessantly ringing of a phone coming from Ming's pants on the floor.

Kit was euphoric, he had never been so happy and just as he was experiencing the high, the next minutes that followed felt like he fell down from a 50 storey building.
Based on what he heard from the other line, Ming was seeing someone else.

He felt betrayed, again.

He felt like his heart had shattered in a million pieces, again.

He felt like a fool, again.

Was it all a game for Ming? Which part was real? His knees buckled, losing all energy. He couldn't understand how it had come to this. Kit never saw any sign from Ming that he had someone else in his life or was it because he was too blinded by his love.

Ming shifted from his sleep. Kit stared at him. It even hurts him to just lay his eyes on the man who broke him, time and time again.

Kit felt sick to his stomach. He feels suffocated by the air and the truth he just learned.

He wore his clothes and headed to the shore. It was cold due to the breeze but Kit could not feel a thing aside from the throbbing pain. It's almost like he is floating. His mind elsewhere and his body, lost.

Beam and Pha was sitting on a log and was  talking about Forth when he approached them. With the look on his face, his friends instantly knew that something was wrong.

"Ai'Kitty? What's the matter?" Beam had asked cautiously.

Debating whether to tell his friends or not, Kit just shook his head. Pha gently rubs Kit's back.

"Kit is it Ming? Did he hurt you?" Mistaking the marks on his neck as bruises.

He took a deep breath. And before he could stop himself Kit had already told the two what he had discovered.

"Kit, it's not that I'm taking his side but maybe you should let him explain first." Pha suggested which Beam agreed to by nodding.

Lost in his own thought, Kit couldn't hear anything else other than his temples, pulsating. He can feel rage building up inside of him, too heavy to carry.

"Kitty.. maybe you should think things through before deciding on anything. Ming is obviously a love sick puppy when it comes to you." Beam said assuringly.

"I w-want to be alone."

Pha and Beam stood up to leave Kit. Taking one last look at their broken friend. They can't help but feel sad and hopeless as well. It seemed like forgiveness and trust are two different things after all.

And now here they were, kneeled down on the sand, Ming refusing to release him from the embrace. Why would he? Ming was scared to lose him. Not again.

"Kit.. There's no one else in my life. You have to believe me.. Please.. Baby.."

Ming was begging and has been repeating these words to Kit. Hoping the latter would listen.

"I will never cheat on you. Just.. Please.. Kit.Please.." Ming's voice was breaking. With tears almost falling from his eyes he kissed Kit's forehead.

Minutes had passed but for Ming it felt like an eternity.

Kit had calmed down but the tears still runs on his cheeks. He slowly raised his arms to hug Ming's back.

"Y-you're not le-aving m-me?" Kit had ask softly, using what voice he had left.

His heart almost jumped out from what he heard. Ming pulled away without letting Kit go.

"I'll never leave you Kit. I'm going to marry you. We'll grow old together. Remember?" Ming smiled and the drops of tears had finally fallen, one after the other.

It was the promise Kit thought Ming had long forgotten. The promise to spend their life together. To grow old and to love each other in this lifetime and the next. For living life apart wouldn't make life worth living. Ming knew this and Kit was more than familiar with it having been separated for more than three years.

"I remember.." Kit answered. This time he needs to trust Ming with his whole heart.

"I'll keep that promise until my last breath Kit. It's what got me through all these years. I held on to that promise, I held on to us. Every memory of your smile and the sound of your laugh, I remember it all.."

Kit didn't know whether to smile or cry so he did both at the same time. The storm inside him had long vanished, for once everything is serene, everything made sense.

Lips met with one's lips, there was longing and relief in the kiss that they shared.

"Don't ever do that again. Okay? You almost gave me heart attack. I'm pretty sure you did." Ming caresses Kit's face, wiping any tears left on the cheek.

The stars and the moon had never shine this bright yet for Ming, it was Kit who shines the brightest.

"I know we haven't really properly made things official and I know this is a bad timing but I just can't let another second go by without making you mine." He said while helping Kit up.

"Kit, will you be mine?"