Chapter 2

I said goodbye to the new intruders of my life.

I faked a smile as I waved, secretly wishing this night never happened. I watched their car roll away, up the hill and out of sight.

My dad and brothers began to chatter on as they walked inside.

I stood outside in the cool brisk air taking in what had happened. "Livy, are you coming?" My dad questioned. I shook my head and walked down a couple steps to the driveway and sat.

I wondered why he hadn't told me, we were so close. I told my dad everything, and he told me everything. Or so I thought. Maybe mom was right about dad, I pondered that thought as I made the realization that mom could be speaking the truth. Mom wouldn't just lie about such things, she loved us. Even if she was flawed, she loved all 5 us, including Brandon and Stephen who refused to speak to her.

Everything seemed to be tumbling down. I was having a great time, free of sad and confusing thoughts. And then this happened. It felt like this year was gonna be the best year yet... After last year, I deserved a break. We all did.

The wind began to pick up, and I started to shiver. I stood up and went inside, to find my family on the couch talking.

"Yeah, I love Jared! He's so easy to relate too, and he's really funny." Stephen said, referring to one of my new brothers, the one with redish brownish hair and broad shoulders. Jared wasn't funny. He was loud...

Everyone was happy over nothing. Happy about our lives being turned upside down.

I rolled my eyes and went upstairs, careful not to step on the dog who was lying at the bottom of the stairs. "Hey monte." I said, as I leaned down and kissed his soft head. He's a yellow lab, we named him mantequilla (pronounced montekiya) which was Spanish for butter. I walked up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom. I grabbed out sweatpants and a t-shirt. I pulled my pajamas on, throwing my hair in a sloppy bun. I dragged myself into the bathroom, my shoulder hunched and head forward, arms just dangling at my sides. I took in my reflection once I turned on the lights. Sure, that was the same old Olivia. And the same clothes, same bathroom. I saw no change. But I could feel it. This wasn't me, I could feel how I didn't normally think this way. I was quiet, shy. Tonight, I had been loud, rude. I didn't like this new Olivia. But I felt stronger this way, less vulnerable. I wondered where my new found self came from, was she kind? Did she have my best interests at heart? What had happened to the kind, carefree me I knew?My true self knew better, I could feel a lump forming and burning in my throat, this new Olivia hated change. I could tell.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I'm so sorry for not writing earlier! I've been totally discouraged on this whole thing, I felt like it was useless... But my friends were begging for another chapter, so here it is.

What do you think of Olivia realizing she wasn't her self anymore?

How about her mom? What do you think her mom said about her dad?