Chapter 1

I anxiously sat in my moms car, waiting to finally see my dad after a long week without him. I couldn't wait to find out who this mystery girl was. I was completely surprised to hear about it in the first place. My dad, with a girl? He has friends? I know i sound juvenile, but I still don't like the idea of my dad dating. I've already told my brother I plan to tear them apart. I promise, it sounds meaner than I intend. I haven't even met her yet, so I have no idea of what I'm dealing with.

"Mom, what did Stephen say she looked like?" I asked as we pulled into my dad's driveway

"He said she had long brown hair. And that she was really pretty." Ok, so these were some high standards Stephen had set. By the way, Stephens my brother. I also have 2 other brothers, Andrew and Brandon. Brandon moved out. He's on 'tour' with his band. Which means he's in a cheap bus that they bought while smoking pot and playing guitar. Andrew is 13, if I could have favorites, he would be it. I also have a big sister named Gabriella. She's 17, she lives with my mom though. One day I'll move in with my mom too.

"Okay Livy, don't forget your Christmas stuff" my mom reminded me as I jumped out of the car.

"Yes ma'am, i love you! I'll see you Thursday." I replied as I grabbed all my stuff from her trunk

"Bye sissy, see you soon" i told my sister, which was a lie, she was never home. Who knows when I'd see her. Adriana had been the closest thing I had to a sister. Adriana's birthday is on my half birthday, she's the sister I never had. But my mom and her dad broke up, leaving us confused and hurt. I'm not allowed to talk to her anymore. She was like my best friend at my moms house, because alli isn't allowed to go to my moms house.

I ran into my house, ready to jump right on to dad, it's our signature thing. I'm what you would call 'daddy's little princess', but I'm all he has when it comes to daughters. Sissy won't talk to him anymore after last years New Year's Eve.

When I walked in dad and Stephen were sitting on the couch, which was odd. Me and Andrew looked at each other, confused.

" I have a surprise, I think you guys will like it" my dad announced. I put down my bags and started spinning in circles, why, I have no idea, I just wanted to.

Stephen got up and went up stairs, saying "if I stay down here I'll tell them before you can dad"

My dad sat down on a chair in the kitchen, and we stood in the living room. My house has an 'open concept' so the downstairs is all basically one big room. Except for the guest room, that's separate.

My dad sighed as he opened his mouth,

" I'm getting married"

Andrew started jumping up and down and Stephen ran downstairs to celebrate with him.

I collapsed on the floor in choking sobs. How could this happen? Why me? Why were they happy? My mind was reeling , I had so many questions but I couldn't stop crying so I could speak. This was absolutely the worst day of my life. I hadn't even met her! And all of a sudden she was my step mom! Excuse me! NO, JUST NO. It felt like my whole world was collapsing around me. I was no longer dads favorite girl. This couldn't be happening.

My dad walked over to comfort me, clearly confused. "Livy, are you okay sweetheart? What's wrong?"

" WHAT'S WRONG! Everything's wrong dad! You can't get married, that's not how things work! I haven't even met her! I didn't even know you dated people! You can't get married, please, no, please..." I started sobbing again. I couldn't even understand why it hurt so much to hear that he was getting married.

He scooped me up into his arms and started comforting me. "It's okay, i promise." He whispered as I started calming down. He set me down on the couch, as I started wiping away my tears. "Why didn't you tell me dad? Why did you propose to a girl I don't know?" I whimpered.