Great hall

Heyyyy hope you enjoy this story of what I tho k happened the moment deathly hallows finished!! Holly x

They were there, hand in hand. So many thoughts were rushing through Harry that his mind had gone past explosion, now it was simply blank. Silently hermione lead then back through the debris and deviation and into the great hall. Harry mindlessly followed, never letting go of hermoine's hand. As he walked he felt drained like a ghost but heavy like a giant. He couldn't grasp what he felt: this was meant to be happy, Voldemort gone, but somewhat he felt he has more responsibility than ever. All the people who had died, all the families destroyed, all because he lived for too long. If only he has marched to his death earlier, one hour would of made the world of difference. He thought of teddy, parentless, alone and afraid.
Without realising it Harry, hermione and Ron had drifted to the great hall. Heads were turning from all directions. Harry did not notice nor care. He scanned the arena an found where Ginny and the other Weasleys all sat in a row, staring blankly. All but George: he was kneeling beside Fred. George was shaking violently, sympathy and guilt never felt this real for harry. Silent tears where streaming down Mrs Weasley's blotchy face while she looked down at the devastation. Harry sat down beside Ginny and linked hands with her. Nobody spoke. Every few minutes you could hear snuffling and the odd hiccup. Each second ticked by at half regular speed, thoughts entered and left harry's mind, yet he was not able to read a single one. He could not stand another second. He wanted to leave, to get away, to escape. He pushed up but was rugged down again. Ginny gazed into Harry's eyes, for a moment everything was clear, he would stay for her, everything for her.
He mindlessly sat again, Ginny placed both her hands on Harry's and she moved towards him and lay her head on his shoulder. They did not speak but tears silently rolled down their cheeks, some happy some sad.
He felt a warm breath on the other side of his face and it whispered, 'give me 1/2 an hour, I'll be back'. Hermione kissed Harry on the cheek and left walking out, alone. Time was passing quickly but still nobody spoke. The great hall was emptying; the Weasley's were the only ones left. The bodies where being removed too, slowly down the row the healers were moving until they reached Fred, ready for him to be taken away. It all happened rather quickly, Fred was gone: confirmed. How George must be feeling, Harry can't even muster. George was screaming, Molly holding him, Arthur holding molly. Ron holding Ginny, Ginny holding Harry. Bill, fleur and Charlie holding each other.
Hermione had returned at last, she and Ron collapsed in a heap together tightly and shaking. Ginny was all Harry's now, he supported her shaking limbs. Time that seemed like hours passed.
Now Ron and Hermione where standing Harry could see she was holding a flask. Arthur too had managed the courage to stand up. 'C-connect, the B-Borrow' he said in the in the strongest voice he could. With out another word Harry was pulled up and was apperating. The charms must of broke. The homely figure of the burrow greatly warmed Harry but each step he took, the sicker he felt. Hand in hand with Ginny he mustered on, though struggling.
They all walked soundlessly in to the kitchen, before separating Hermione pulled out 10 cups, and was filling them up with Harry saw was a gooey substance from her flask. 'Before you attempt sleep...drink this...dreamless sleep' Hermione spluttered in a desperate tone of voice. 'Brilliant!' Ron was able to blurt out, he lifted the mood greatly. All 10 got their cups and potion but Harry was not able to manage another step. His vision was blurred and he hit the ground.
He woke up shortly after on the living room coach, his head resting on Ginny's chest. 'Here, drink this.' She said softly. Harry followed orders and fell into deep blissful dreamless sleep.