Chapter 2 - Introductions

Star's POV

--------

"What class is first?" Amber asked. (The SkyWing, she had started to be more cheerful.)

"I think it's-" I started.

"It is a class! Haha I win!" Maple almost shouted.

"Oh my gosh Maple! Calm down!" Amber said, startled.

"And actually there aren't any classes today, I pretty sure the first day is an exploring day. So Maple doesn't win, I do!" I said

"Dang it." Maple muttered. She had embarrassed herself only a little since there was only Clay and one of the LeafWing students there.

"So where would we check out?" Amber asked. "I wonder if we will meet our winglets and the rest of our wing."

"I don't know, let's try this tunnel." I said pointing to our right. We started walking and when we turned a corner I bumped into (quite literally) some very cold, very white scales. I fell backward.

"Uh sorry." I mumbled as I started to stand again.

"Sorry, sorry!" The IceWing said as he helped me up his cold claws touching mine. I winced.

"Oh sorry again! I forget that it is hard for other tribes to touch me!" He said.

"Um it's ok." I said. To my right Amber had run into a mostly green male LeafWing with some brown scales and Amber was fine since the third dragon had been behind the LeafWing and IceWing. The third dragon was a teal and gold male RainWing who had bumped into the backs of the other two dragons.

"Oh an IceWing! Wow I have never seen one before! Let me guess, IceWings are amazing! Best tribe ever right!" She said rolling her eyes.

"Actually no." The IceWing replied. "The Ice kingdom is stupid, they exiled my father because he didn't want to kill his own brother. In fact I think IceWings are the worst tribe."

"Well that was unexpected." Amber chimed in.

"Your father is Winter?" Maple asked. I noticed she didn't say 'Ex-prince Winter' in case it was true.

"Yes, and my mother is Lynx." He said.

"Wow! My dad is Clay, he is right back that way!" Maple pointed down the tunnel. "Oh right, and my mom is Peril"

"My mom is named Stargazer. She never told me who, or what my father was." I said spreading my wings. To say the least, I did not have normal NightWing wings. The underside was a light purple instead of black and I didn't have stars. The weirdest part was the shape. The wings weren't bat like, instead the edges were smooth like a SilkWing's. I also had lines going from my nose to tail tip that spiraled out along the tops of my wings and around my body that I could make glow.

"Mother implies that my father was a SeaWing and that my wings and patterns were some sort of defect, but she never said for sure." I closed my wings.

"Wow." Said the LeafWing. "I don't think I can beat that."

The RainWing behind him chuckled. "Well we shouldn't all go through this because we might have to tomorrow in our first class, if we are a winglet."

"That's true but we can still say our names. I'm Thistle." The LeafWing announced.

"I am Sunbringer." The RainWing said.

"I'm Maple!" Maple almost shouted. (She seems to do this a lot.)

"Owch Maple my ears!" Thistle said.

"Oh oops." Maple said embarrassed.

"Amber." Amber said this a lot quieter than maple.

"I'm Star, well Star-streak, but just call me Star."

"I am Frostburn, or just Frost." The IceWing said.

"I hope we're in the same winglet! It was great to meet you!" She said looking at Thistle. "Uh guys." She quickly added. I chuckled. Thistle blushed.

"Well what winglet are you guys?" Amber asked.

"Oh that's smart, I could have just asked instead of hoping." Maple said. We all laughed.

"We're in the Diamond winglet." Sunbringer said.

"Cool! Us too!" Maple said.

"Really? I had no idea, Fatespeaker just said room 5G and I went to room 5G. I haven't read the scroll yet." I said.

"Welp we're going to go explore the school. Want to join us?" Amber asked.

"Sure!" Sunbringer said glancing at the others for confirmation. Thistle and Frost nodded. We all set along the path and walked around the school. After a while we were tired so we went our separate ways to sleep for the night.