Chapter 1: The desolate war

Flowing pristine white and grey silks raced across the wooden floor boards as childish laughter reverberated across the halls and into the many rooms of this cozy abode. Dark misty fog intertwined with golden glows and cheerful play. Silver pupils illuminated the dark in a silly match of hide and seek.

"Luce! Ciemne, it's time for bed! Where are you two?" A melodic voice called out to the energized bundles.

Walking through the halls and smiling at this little game, they came across a room filled with an assortment of colorful tinted orbs. Flashing wisps of images flickered on every one of them. The light coming off the spheres refracted off the fancy jewelry of the siblings that were hanging out of their hiding place. Stepping closer to area of where those huddled up figures were, clanking beads could be heard as horribly suppressed giggles erupted from inside a huge chest. Putting a hand on the smooth lacquer coating the outside of this container, dragging a finger across it and stopping just at the edge, they hooked their fingers onto the top cover and lifted it up. The wood amplifying the already loud creaks, there inside the small space, were tiny twin skeletons, one wrapped in white and the other in grey robes.

"Oh, no! Mommy found us! Hahaha! We have to run Ciemne!" The petite one that wore a bronze headdress that hung precious golden metal beads adorned with half a heart colored pure white at the very tip top in the front, yelled at the younger named Ciemne.

"Okay, Luce, let's go-!" Swallowing their words, they tripped over their long gray gown, falling rapidly to the ground.

Before hitting the cold floor, a hand wrapped around them, bringing the child into their mothers arms.

"This is why there is no running allowed in the house Ciemne, this goes for you too Luce!" The older scolded and carefully grabbed the others hand as they were led to a bedroom with a dainty bed covered in a wool blanket. Placing the two onto it and tucking them in, they proceeded to leave the room.

"Wait! Momma! Read us a bedtime story! We want a cool one!" The children said these sentences completely synchronized.

"Alright, alright, even though you two are too old for stories, I'll tell one... Let me just get there and sit down. Now the tale I'm about to tell you both is one that hasn't been uttered in centuries, are you excited to hear this epic tale?" Brushing their hand across the siblings foreheads as they nodded their heads.

"But, what if this story is boring!" Luce asked with a twinkle in their eyes.

"Don't worry, my dear children, this story won't bore you in the slightest, now sit tight and listen about the events that happened in another time." And so they began to recite the story.

In a multiverse, so grand, stood 2 powerful high religions that ruled over the land. They were called the Church of the holy trinity and the cult of the six deadly sins.

They opposed one another at all times, every decision made was to spite the other.

Then one day, an event would change the already fragile balance forever.

The tree of all was tainted by a sinners hand, corrupting the very last of the positive apples kind.

Discovering a piece of evidence to who the perpetrator was, it was revealed that it was the Sin of pride.

Nightmare...

The church took great offence to this and declared war.

This shook the very fabric and peace of all the universes in existence at the time.

They named it... The desolate war.

In the beginning, the religious powers were at equal footing with each other, but slowly millions of sinful acts started to spread across the Multiverse.