4

As the weeks and months went on, both leaders found out a lot about the other, but only not each other's identities.

Both stood steady on each of their opinions:

I'm just trying to do what's best for both of our people.
-Blossom

These terms are unacceptable and full of shit.
-Brick

Honestly, I am considering backing out of this deal if you do not stop with this foul language.
-Blossom

I understand the overall benefit of this agreement is appealing to both of our situations, but I think the last term is unacceptable.
-Brick

The marriage doesn't even have to be emotional, it's just a physical mask to protect both of ourselves.
-Blossom

It's not just the problem of that, it's the problems that it brings with it.
-Brick

Such as?
-Blossom

Nevermind.
-Brick

Is there anything I can offer to make you accept the deal? I'll do anything.
-Blossom

I'll get back to you.
-Brick

After a few weeks, Blossom started to get impatient. With no reply or any message at all, she started to worry that the other gang would pull out, and make her own seem weak and as if they could just be told what to do.

One day, Blossom was looking through equipment and products before sending it out to her customers. She was a bit pissed about the gang leader of The Dragons not replying and wasn't really paying attention to what was going on.

'... and these are the last few boxes. Do you want to take a look inside?' Said one of the members who was in charge of checking through shipments before sending them off as well as making sure they were up to standard.

Not realising she was being talked to, Blossom looked around, looking uninterested on the outside. In the eyes of the member, Blossom looked absolutely fed up and looked as though she was about to kill someone over bad quality all over again.

'Miss?' The girl member asked, as if she said it any louder a bomb would go off.

At that moment, Blossom snapped out of whatever she was in and turned around to see the member looking a bit confused but concerned at the same time.

'Pardon?' She asked.

'Oh umm I was just asking if you'd like to check the boxes.' The woman said.

'Oh yes. Sure, I will- umm - go check them now.' 

Blossom answered, totally unaware of why she zoned out.

After checking through the boxes and other orders as well. She decided that she would call up her friend Lilith. Lilith ran quite an impressive drug empire, so calling her would be awkward at times because she was so busy.

Walking to her office, Blossom held the phone to her ear as her heels hit the floor of the corridors one by one, echoing through the passageways.

'Hello?' The person on the end of the phone said.

'Hey Lilith, it's me again, Bloss.'

'Oh hey.'

'I was just calling you to check on you, but I was a bit scared you'd be busy. I'd like to invite you over for tea? Maybe? And we could chat about your very very impressive empire you have. You know? Just girl to girl things.' Blossom said, emphasising her words carefully.

'Oh umm, of course! What day?'

Lilith didn't really have a choice to say no, or even to ignore Blossom's phone call.

Maybe friends wouldn't really be a good word to describe the relationship the two had, perhaps worker and boss would be better. And I think it would be quite easy to guess who was who.

'Wednesday? How about 4pm?' Asked Blossom.

'I-I umm have something on-' until there Lilith hesitated to continue her sentence, scared of the consequences it would bring. 'Actually, I have time, yep definitely. I'll be there.'

Lilith hid the fact that she actually had a meeting.

'See you.'

'See you soon.'

Sitting down at her big chair, she decided to perhaps take a small nap. A nap never killed anyone.

After 20 minutes...

PING

Blossom snapped out of her doze and sat back up to a surprised notification.

1 email received.