Pilot

Overview

Yes, it needs work but this was all for fun.

This is about two brothers that have been on this earth since before the dinosaurs, have lived through everything that has come at them, they both have been to hell a couple of times, and are still basically the best friends there could be, besides the fact that they have tried killing each other a couple of times.

Shade and Shadow were in the upper part of the city kind of just hanging out talking about stuff that has been happening around the kingdom when a guard walked up to Shade and said: "There is a rumor of a king known as 'The Immortal King'."
Shade Laughed, "this amuses me, I think I'll pay him a visit and test his strength and see if this is another fib," he said to Shadow as he exits to get his retired battle equipment. Shadow follows his brother's orders and went and got their horses. The guards knowing that if they were to ask to come along because it was their job knew it would be pointless because Shade and Shadow would just tell them to stay here at the kingdom.
Shade returned in gear; assassin gear it would seem. Armor with a dark cloak attached. "Why are you wearing that?" Shadow asked, "you're not going to sneak up on anyone to kill them."
"This is my gear," Shade said swiftly, "let's just go." He added as he mounted his horse and began the ride.
Shadow followed. Shortly after they reached the kingdom they were greeted by royal guards who asked them what they were doing.
"I'm here to talk to your king" Shade said.
"Who sent you?" one of the guards asked.
"He is the king from the north," Shadow stated.
"If this is true why would we let you in?" the guard replied, "And where are your guards?"
"If you're not going to let us in just tell your king that he has been challenged to a fight to the death by king Shade," Shadow replied to the guard.
"Why don't we just kill you where you stand," one of the guards said as they gave a hand signal and some archers drew their bows back and aimed for Shade and Shadow.
Shade laughed "your threats amuse me, but if you're going to try and kill me you're going to have to play my game." He said.
"Release," one of the guards said. Shadow responded with the creation of a force field around him and his brother. "Magic users," one of the guards said quietly under their breath then added loud enough for Shade and Shadow to hear, "you have proven yourself to be a worthy opponent for our king, now follow me," he said as the gate opened and he leads them inside. After a while, they made it to the inner gate that leads to the castle. "Y'all wait here and I will go get the King." The guard said as he walked off. A couple of hours later the gate opened and a man with dark black armor walked out with some other people and the guard. "So your the king of the north," the man said as he reached for a handshake.
"Yes," Shade said as he went to shake the man's hand and when he touched the gauntlet it burned his hand, "interesting, what is your armor made of," he said with a slight smirk.
"If you manage to beat me you can know," the man said.

"No, if I beat you I get to take the armor and keep it," Shade said with a chuckle.
(A little backstory for this king, he has ruled the kingdom of the east for many years and has been a tyrannical king to his people, family, and everyone else he knew. And that is why the guards were interested in Shadows Ability to use magic) "Deal" the king of the east said, "what form of fighting do you want to use and what do I get if I win" he added. "Sword to sword and your prize is my sword" Shade said as he drew the sword that was darker than a night with no stars or moon and had a purple glow to it. "Deal," the man said as he drew his sword. Shade took a fighting stance "ready." Instead of saying ready the king of the east rushed Shade just to end up being knocked over.

"I would say that was technical cheating, but I did say ready" Shade said with a chuckle "now are you going to try and rush me again or are we going to actually fight" He added when the other king started getting back up. when he made it to his feet he swung his sword at Shade when Shade blocked, the King of the east threw a knife at his gut. When Shade dodged the knife, he noticed it was about to hit the young girl behind him so he kicked the king of the east in the knee causing his knee to go the opposite direction it was supposed too knocking him to the ground as time slowed down then went and grabbed the knife out of the air before it hit the young girl. "Were you going to kill one of your people?" Shade said. "She's just my daughter, she wasn't going to inherit the throne so I could always just have another" The king of the east said with a chuckle as he stood back up as his leg popped back in place as he said "what was that little trick you just did, no one saw you even move and yet you were able to break my knee, knock me down, and catch the knife."