Part 1: The Murder

Dora P.O.V.

*Flashback*

Seven years ago

I was reading the new chapter of my favourite Dr. Phil x Shrek fanfic when suddenly I hear a buzzing sound from my night stand. I bounce off my bed and walk over. 

I wonder who's calling.

I open the top drawer and take out my phone. It's my best friend Boots. The truth is that I want to be more than friends but I don't know if he can recipricate. It's better if I play it safe.

I accept the call to then hear screaming coming from my phone's speaker.

'd-d-or-ra' Boots whispered shakily.

'Speak up! What's going on?'

Then I hear the most vicious sound I've heard in my 14 years of life; 3 loud pops and screams from someone I didn't recognize.

'Boots are you still there? BOOOTSS???' I say panicking. 

What do I do? Do I tell my parents? What would that even be like? Hey mom and dad yeah I heard someone getting shot while on a call with boots, no I haven't been best friends with a murderer for 10 years, that would be insane.

Wait I don't know if anyone is dead yet and if worst comes to worst I know boots didn't do it.

'dora...i don't know what's going on' he said clearly frightened.

'Where are you? Boots are you okay?' I said with quite the worried tone.

'i-i'm hiding under my bed. someone knocked on the door and my dad opened it. i heard some grunts so i decided to hide. you know what kind of things my dad is involved in. i-i'm scared now'.

Boots' dad is involved with many and I mean many gangs and drug dealers since way back when. Ever since I met Boots I've felt something had been off about his dad but I didn't know what it was specifically until last year when Boots' big brother had been murdered by a drug dealer for not having re-payed his debt.

'I'm calling the cops'

'n-n-no dora please don't do that'

'it's the only way you'll be safe, I'm calling them but don't hang up on me.' 

If Boots hangs up I don't know what could happen. In most scenarios like this I'm usually the voice of reason for him.

I then start grunts coming from the phone but they seem distant.

'd-d-d-dora something is happening right now.' he said clearly distraught

'Stay where you are' 

I then dial 9-1-1 and wait for the dispatcher to pick up.

'Hello I think there may be a fight where a gun is involved going on at 2867 Clovercliff road.'

'Ok so we'll dispatching two patrol cars and two ambulance. Is there anything else we should know about the situation'

'Yes there is a 14 year old frightened boy hiding under his bed in his bedroom'

'Alright they should be there in 3 minutes'

'Ok can you please stay on the line I need to connect you with the boy hiding under his bed'

'Alright connect me'

I connected Boots to the call and just sat there listening.

'h-hi i'm boots baker and my dad is david baker'