Epilogue

Doctors Clinic
Ten days later

"Are you sure everything is okay now Doc?"

Raman looked anxiously at the doctor who had been examining his wife's feet, and Dr Singh smiled back reassuringly.

"Yes Raman. Ishita's feet are completely healed now. These bandages were just a precaution anyway, so that an infection didn't set in, but I've heard you have been going above and beyond my instructions and carrying her everywhere, huh?"

Raman grinned shamefacedly as his wife blushed, and Dr Singh let out a loud guffaw.

"Well, no need to carry her around now huh, unless you're in a rush to get her somewhere huh Raman?"

Five Minutes Later
In the Car in the way home

"You can stop blushing now madrassan"

Raman looked at his red cheeked wife through the rear view mirror, enjoying her discomfort. The last ten days since their iqraar, their confession of love, had been sheer torture for him. To be so close to this stunning, beautiful woman, to stay in the same room, sleep in the same bed, and yet to have to keep his distance was more than any normal red blooded man could bear. And Raman Bhalla was as red blooded as they came. His unfulfilled passion for his wife had been consuming most of his waking thoughts these past ten days. He had been unable to concentrate at work, had bitten the heads off his employees, had been sullen with the world - all to keep his raging libido under control.

All the closeness his aching heart and body had managed to achieve  was when he carried his wife from place to place, despite her protestations, and oblivious to the puzzled looks of some of his family, and the knowing grins of others. At night, his desires had been dampened by the ever present Miss Ruhi Bhalla, who was an adorable yet immovable barrier in bed between her parents.

But tonight Ruhi would sleep in her own room, and Raman Bhalla would finally get what his heart had so long desired.

"Raman, kuch bhi....aap bhi.." Ishita blushed even harder as her husband winked suggestively at her in the mirror. "Doctor kya samajh raha hoga?"
(Raman, whatever, you're just ....what will the doctor be thinking of us?)

"Hello madam, Doctor ne khud kaha tha, mein ne nahi. Lekin kuch galat bhi nahi kahan, hmm?  Mujhe hai jaldi, tumhe apne kareeb laane ki."
(Hello madam, the doctor said it himself, I didn't say anything. But he didn't say anything wrong did he? I can't wait to get closer to you)

Ishita looked down in confusion. She had known that this was coming, that her husband would not leave her alone once her feet had healed, but she had at least thought that he would let her get home before making a move on her. But her Raavan was not known for his patience and so here they were, on a busy Delhi road, and instead of giving his attention to the traffic, her incorrigible husband was busy giving the most suggestive looks to her.

She gasped as he slid a hand off the steering wheel and clasped her hands tightly. His fingers rubbed over her knuckles in a soft caress, and her heart skipped a beat as a warm restlessness spread through her.

"Kyun madrassan?" He drawled. "Tumhe nahi aana mere kareeb? Tumhari sasoon ki jhijhak aur tunhaare dil ki dhadkan toh kuch aur keh rahi hai."
(Why madrassan? Don't you want to get closer to me? Your breathlessness and your heartbeats are telling me a different story)

"Raman, chodo na, hum sadak par hai. Aap kyun...." Ishita wished her heart would stop racing, as the rapid pounding flooded her ears and brought another deep crimson blush to her face.
(Raman, leave me, we're on the road. Why are you...)