Loki's Arrival

(Secret Base) Third Person

Currently Doctor Selvig was telling the Director of SHIELD Fury how the tesseract is misbehaving. "How soon until you pull the plug?" Fury asks him.

"She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..." Doctor Selvig starts explaining.

"We've prepared for this doctor. Harnessing energy from space" Fury says cutting him off.

"We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation" Doctor Selvig explains.

"That can be harmful. Where's Barton?" Fury demands.

"The Hawk? In his nest as usual" Selvig says shrugging. Clint Barton is sitting on the railings above looking down at the lab. When Fury calls him down to report. Barton rappels down from the catwalk, and walks up to Fury and Selvig.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things" Fury reminds him.

"Well, I see better from a distance" Clint tells him shrugging. Fury then asks if he saw anything that would set the tesseract off as Selvig goes back to the control panel. As the energy levels spike again. "No one's come or gone. It's oven is clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s. If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end" Clint explains.

"At this end?" Fury asks.

"Yeah, the cube is a door way to the other end of space, right? The doors open from both sides" Clint tells him. Suddenly, the Tesseract thunders and shakes the entire facility. A portal opens as a gust of blue energy knocks people back. The cloud shoots to the ceiling, and the portal on the platform opens up as Loki steps through. The portal vanishes, and Loki grins at everyone, holding his spear/scepter.

"Sir please put down the spear" Fury tells him. Loki responds with firing a blast of blue energy from his spear. Clint narrowly tackles Fury out of the way. Everyone shoots at Loki, but the bullets deflect off of him. Loki immediately takes down everyone, with knives and energy blasts from his scepter. He pauses, grinning, and looks to who will attack him next. Clint attempts to attack him, but Loki grabs his wrist, disarming him.

"You have heart" Loki says smirking. He places the tip of the spear against Barton's chest. Barton's eye glow black before turning tesseract blue, and he stops resisting. Loki begins controlling other agents around the room and Doctor Selvig. Fury sneaks up, grabs the Tesseract, and places it in a briefcase, trying to sneak out. "Please don't. I still need that" Loki tells him.

"This doesn't have to get any messier" Fury tells him. Loki introduces himself saying he is burden with a glorious purpose. "We have no quarrel with your people" Fury tells him.

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot" Loki tells him.

"You planning to step on us?" Fury asks him.

"I come with glad tidings, of a world made free" Loki assures him.

"Free of what?" Fury asks.

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart... You will know peace" Loki explains.

"Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing" Fury tells him. Before Loki could talk, Clint steps forward.

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us" he states.

"Like the Pharaohs of Odin" Fury states.

"He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical" Selvig confirms.

"Well then" Loki says and looks at Clint. Who without hesitation shoots Fury with a gun, who falls to the ground. Clint grabs the case containing the Tesseract and leaves the lab. With Loki, Selvig, and the other controlled SHIELD personnel.

(Back of Truck)

They got away safely. "Agent Barton, does SHIELD know of anyone with ice powers?" Loki asks him.

"Yes, a civilian" Clint answers.

"Do you have a file on them?" Loki demands. Clint grabs a tablet and logs onto it. He brings up Elena's profile and hands it to Loki who reads it. He ignores the classified family and focuses on her appearance & location. "It says she stayed with your family" he states.

"Yes" Clint says nodding his head.

"I want you to bring her to me alive and undamaged, is that clear?" Loki demands.

"Yes Lord Loki" Clint says bowing his head. The truck pulls over and Clint gets out. "I'll meet you at the other lab with the target" he states. Loki nods his head and the truck drives off. Clint hot wires a car and heads for New York City.

(NYU)

Unbeknown to the danger she is in. Elena is studying for her final exams. Which are in a months time. She misses her adoptive family. She looks forward to visiting them once she completed Uni. Before starting her job as a paid nurse at Lennox Hill Hospital. Where she currently volunteers and does work experience at. She finishes studying for the day and goes back to her apartment.

A/N

Picture above of SHIELD's Profile on Elena Lang-Barton and gif on the external link of Loki walking with Clint.