Part 8

You start the hike. You and Payton walk at the back.

Payton: 'Um y/n, about last night I'm...'
You: 'What is it Payton?'
Payton: 'God I feel so stupid. Sorry, never mind.'
You: 'You can tell me. Do you trust me?'
Payton: 'Yes I trust you. But it's stupid and I don't know...'
You: 'Pleaseee tell me.'
Payton: 'I can't.'
You: 'Whatever you're going to tell me isn't going to change my opinion about you.'

I hope it's not. You're very f*cking hot. Please tell me you like me. Please...

Payton: 'Promise?'
You: 'I promise.' Payton takes a deep breath and sighs.
Payton: 'I wanted to kiss you last night.' He practically blurted out. He looks at you. He quickly looked away once you made eye contact. He was blushing. 'I'm sorry I just said that.'
You: 'Whoa.' You look in front of you and stood still for a second. Payton stood still as well and turned around to look at you.
Payton: 'Are you okay?' He looked nervous as hell. 'You promised it wasn't going to change your opinion.' He looked a bit sad too.
You: 'My opinion is definitely not changed.' You said smirking. You walked closer to him and put your hand on his jaw, as if you were about to kiss. 'You should've kissed though.' You walked away to catch up with your parents. Payton stood still a little longer,  in shock.

Payton ran up to you a few moments later. It was silent between the both of you. A bit awkward, but not really. You started a conversation with him about school and stuff, acting like nothing happened.