Introduction

In the press conference before Team India left for WI, Virat was asked about Jinks' position in the Test team, because he had been out of form for quite some time.

Without even thinking, Virat automatically leapt to his defence.

"Jinks has been a solid player for us through and through. He's one of the most sorted guys; really, really, composed..."

Both on and off the field, thought Virat fondly.

"...he reads the game well, he's a priceless fielder, he averages 43 in Test cricket. It's a patch anyone can go through, I think he'll come around, he's that good a player..."

The passion with which Virat supported Jinks could not be attributed to Jinks' Test performances alone, and somewhere deep inside, Virat knew that himself.

That got him to thinking that he hadn't met Jinks since the IPL, and that was 3 months ago.

In spite of not being in the WC squad, Jinks had been the first one to call and comfort him the day they lost the semi final.

In fact, Virat realised that he hadn't met Jinks even once after Jinks told him the Radhika was pregnant.

They'd give Jinks the best 'Welcome back+Congrats' party every, vowed Virat.

A/N: The World Cup squad was perfect to me player by player, the only exception being Jinks' absence. It hurt me deeply, though I had fully expected it.

soumyavk gave me this idea, because she loves Jinks too, and this is our joint work.

We both adore Jinks and Virat's friendship, too 💙

A quote of Jinks, "Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are my closest friends in the Indian cricket team."